As I’ve said before, book reviews are a great source of Social Proof (third party validation of your work). A few of my favorite strategies for encouraging customer reviews include doing print book and ebook giveaways, offering the book as a prize for a free raffle or contest, buying a service from a vendor that offers your discounted eBook to its mailing list (e.g., the Bookbub “featured deal” or the Self-Publishing Review “Amazon book promotion” package), and inserting a call to action in the back matter of my books. I’ve also tried other tactics that didn’t seem as fruitful, such as asking top Amazon reviewers if they would be interested in reading my books (which were similar to other books they previously read and reviewed) and posting occasional reminders on social media to leave an honest review of my books. What strategies work well for you?

For anyone interested, here’s a helpful article with tips on how to seek book reviews… https://www.thebookdesigner.com/2019...s-and-4-donts/