Whatcha workin' on right now? - Page 6

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Whatcha workin' on right now?

Blog Entries
    Working on some song lyrics right now, although that's purely for my own entertainment. There's no chance in hell I'll ever sell a song. At least with books, if you have something good and can get the word out, you can make a few bucks. I can write a song in a month, whereas books take eons--for me, anyway. I need to practice writing more so I can do it faster.

The more I polished my focused WIP, the more I'm sick of it, the more the other story idea grows in detail.

Now I'm polishing and writing the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir-KP View Post
    The more I polished my focused WIP, the more I'm sick of it, the more the other story idea grows in detail.

Now I'm polishing and writing the other.

I know that feeling!

Mainly trying to enjoy my brief break before I teach a winter session English course. I am also trying to fill in an outline for my third novel--it's a part III to my series, but thus far, only the part II has been published. I hope to get the first one out within a couple of years.
    Author of CIBA 'Clue Awards' Semifinalist The Lone Escapist, published by Read Lips Press, available on Amazon.
    *Voted #4 of Best 'Escapist' Novels by Book Lovin' Geek Mamas, NYC

Dan Rhys - Author
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by JJBuchholz View Post
    Currently working on a new story in my 'Birds Of Prey' series (based in the Babylon 5 universe) that highlights the rise of an Earth Alliance president who had his predecessor assassinated to gain office. The story deals with the new laws ad organizations the president has created to bolster his influence, as well as some of the black projects he has going on in the background that he'll one day use against any and all that oppose him.

The working title for this story is 'Dark Sphere'. I am five scenes in, and proud of the way it's going, even though it's slow work.

-JJB
    Fast foward three months, and 'Dark Sphere' is finally complete! I was on a tear this past week, writing for three days (and nights) almost non-stop in between work and such. Happy to have it done, after the project stalled a week after I started it.

Better late than never!

Until a new story idea reveals itself to me, I'm working on another memoir.

-JJB
    ​"Strong convictions precede great actions....."

Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

Working my way through the second editing pass of my Deviation novel (#4 in the Extinction series).
    I also have a cat in my lap who wants attention.

Down to the last 2 chapters of my most recent book, first of a trilogy or quadrology, depending on which way I decide to go. I'll have it wrapped up in a day or two, then it's back to editing another book.

I uploaded my MS to Google Docs the other day and used the grammar check to point out things to fix (and ignore what wasn't helpful). I need to work on my query letter; I've been thinking for weeks as to how to write it but I just don't know how to go about it. I wish I had someone who has read my MS and knows something about writing these letters to brainstorm with. I guess it's just one of those things you have to figure out on your own. About a week ago I read through many of the query letters posted and critiqued on Query Shark to give me some guidance. I should go back there and read through a few more.
    Hidden Content <--Proceed with der clickity.

Blog Entries
    I had an idea for a new poem
    last night while drifting off in bed.
    No need to grab a pad and write it down, I thought.
    I'll remember.
    And that was the last I heard
    from that idea.
    That poem, no doubt,
    would have been my ticket out of Palookaville.
    I coulda' been somebody...

Quote Originally Posted by Sir-KP View Post
    writing the other.
    Following to this, I really focused on writing the second WIP at the end of the year. The idea poured heavily. I also noticed I did something (that was written years ago) that I never thought I did.

I found more problems in my writings, usually about the speech tags and the flow between sentences, for example: "X [did something] and then [did something]. Not long after, X [did something].... etc."

By January, things get slowed down. Mainly because I'm at what I call as the 'joint' part. It's blank - and if it is, then there would be nothing to trigger the next events.

Currently making way at snail pace at 24,600 words. I'm guessing (and hope) this will have more word count than the first WIP.

Oh... and I also have written down two endings for the second WIP on my scratch pad.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456