Whatcha workin' on right now? - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Whatcha workin' on right now?

No, the MC is an FBI agent--not the serial killer.

So I finished the 4 blurbs, sent them off to the author.
    I actually caught a break because his last blurb was actually already pretty tight and just needed a bit of tightening up.

Then I sent Lisa the link to the catalog....and that bombed.
    Uggghhh. There goes 3 weeks of work, down the drain, unless I can convince her that flipbooks are totally 1992ish.
    Dang. The catalog even had a separate mobile page.

I'm working on two writing projects right now:

1) A two-part science fiction story set in one of my series, in which I have been unable to stick the ending. It's verty frustrating.
    2) My first ever memoir, and hopefully first of many. I had always wanted to do this, and now I am.

-JJB
    ​"Strong convictions precede great actions....."

Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

Tomorrow I am back to work on another blurb for an IUPH author. After I knock that out, I will be back at work on the catalog for IUPH. I was able to sway Lisa...but with a few tricky provisos. Most notably, she wants the desktop page to scroll horizontally like the mobile page does. This will take some coding to do...

Here is the link that I am working on. There is code in the page to automatically send you to either the desktop page, or the mobile page, depending on the device you are using. I like the mobile page better. The desktop page is still...meh.
    http://indiesunitedpublishing.com

Here is the link that I am working on. There is code in the page to automatically send you to either the desktop page, or the mobile page, depending on the device you are using. I like the mobile page better. The desktop page is still...meh
    "Indies United is a publishing cooperative that brings together Indie writers that are very serious about their craft" should really be "Indies United is a publishing cooperative bringing together Indie writers that are very serious about their craft." Maybe drop the 'very.' I'm unsure.
    By contemporary design standards, the separate scroll bars are bad. Personally, I am ambivalent. Regardless, the bottom one is very awkward, the window is so small you can't ever fully see the covers. Wherever you decide to put your catalog, it should feel front-and-center. Right now, it feels like an afterthought. A lot of web designers are moving towards a slick "mobile-style" design, even on desktop. Maybe you just have something as simple as a big button on the bottom of the homepage that says "catalog." Maybe have it when you scroll down on the homepage, the catalog pops up. Scrolling up returns you to the homepage.
    my completely unsolicited two cents
    Dead by Dawn!

Still editing. I will be for some time. I'm only to chapter 13 (out of 36) and I'm feeling overwhelmed by all of the comments left by this beta. So far this chapter is the worst, nothing but a wall of comments in the margin on nearly every page. But I think it's improving. Just gotta take it one page at a time.
    Hidden Content <--Proceed with der clickity.

Quote Originally Posted by tepelus View Post
    Still editing. I will be for some time. I'm only to chapter 13 (out of 36) and I'm feeling overwhelmed by all of the comments left by this beta. So far this chapter is the worst, nothing but a wall of comments in the margin on nearly every page. But I think it's improving. Just gotta take it one page at a time.
    It's when you know you're a writer -- being able to cry out a "hell yes" when you get that one page - just that one page - that has no editor recommendations on it!
    "You don't wanna ride the bus like this,"

Mike Posner.

Hidden Content

I completely outlined my novel but just can't seem to get into it, since the MCs are FBI agents and writing about them just isn't very much fun for me.

So I'm going to keep the same plot but change the MC to a neurotic, quirky reporter/columnist who is totally freaked out about what's going on. That should be more fun.
    Last edited by Irwin; Yesterday at 11:15 PM.

Blog Entries
    I'm working on a new short story right now, but the words that are coming out of me are stale and I don't think it's amounting to much, so I might abandon it and write something else.
    "How can we know the dancer from the dance?" - W.B. Yeats
    Stories: Hidden Content l Hidden Content Hidden Content

Projects:
    Hidden Content

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123