Modern Punctuation and Grammar: Tools for Better Writing

Thread: Modern Punctuation and Grammar: Tools for Better Writing

Modern Punctuation and Grammar: Tools for Better Writing

Modern Punctuation and Grammar: Tools for Better Writing. Nonfiction. 87K but just reading a chapter would help.

This goes beyond a standard grammar or style book; it presents modern punctuation and grammar. As far as I know, almost everything is new and usually useful for writing better fiction. Which means it will help your writing a lot. I conceptualize punctuation and grammar as tools, not rules, and tell you what they can accomplish. Section 1 is adding life: Italics, Disfluencies, Fragments, Repetition etc. You can try to imagine an entire chapter on explanations marks; I bet you cannot. Section 3 is making grammar fit the structure of your ideas. I explain the two conflicting roles of commas, and when you should and should not use adverbs. There is a speculative section on the grammar of action scenes and descriptions of some of the new and exiting things authors are doing.

Sensitivity. Some swearing. Boring in places (because it's grammar!). Annoying in places when it points out problems you didn't want to know about.

Audience: Fiction Writers. All.

I hope to self-publish in a month. Feedback on even a randomly chosen chapter would be appreciated.

You can download from my website. (See my signature). I can send in other formats. IM me or email me if you want. I am happy to answer any questions. I am painfully aware that my claims here are statistically unlikely.

I am happy to look at anyone's book, in return, though I am currently reading a member's book so I probably can make comments on a chapter.
    Looking for people to beta a chapter or more of my book Modern Punctuation and Grammar: Tools for Better Writing. Go Hidden Content
    As always, useful information you can't find anywhere else.

Hidden Content

Emma, ya need any help formatting the eBook or anything?
    Lemme know.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Rotten View Post
    Emma, ya need any help formatting the eBook or anything?
    Lemme know.
    Thanks. I have tried using Smashwords, which apparently formats for me. Am I being old-fashioned?
    Looking for people to beta a chapter or more of my book Modern Punctuation and Grammar: Tools for Better Writing. Go Hidden Content
    As always, useful information you can't find anywhere else.

Hidden Content

Blog Entries
    I myself am excited to hear about an entire chapter dedicated to the exclamation mark. Downloading now.
    "How can we know the dancer from the dance?" - W.B. Yeats
    Stories: Hidden Content l Hidden Content Hidden Content

Projects:
    Hidden Content