Is there an adjective version of daughter and son?

Thread: Is there an adjective version of daughter and son?

Is there an adjective version of daughter and son?

I know for mother and father, it's maternal and paternal. They even have uncular for uncle.

So I was wondering if there were adjectives for daughter and son.

Blog Entries
    The only word I know of is filial, which is the relationship between parent and child, not necessarily daughter or son specifically.
    Last edited by J.T. Chris; October 2nd, 2019 at 08:45 PM.

I think J.T. Chris meant filial.
    Looking for people to beta a chapter or more of my book Modern Punctuation and Grammar: Tools for Better Writing. Go Hidden Content
    As always, useful information you can't find anywhere else.

Hidden Content

There's also materteral which is for aunts and hardly ever used.

I think the reason there's no equivalent for children is because the contexts in which paternal/maternal (and to a lesser extent uncular/materteral) usually involve some abstract notion of family authority with these figures. We talk about 'maternal rights' and so on. Children don't typically feature in those contexts.

There are plenty of formal words for children, but there's no concept of an abstract force relating to a person being another person's child because there's no formed concept of what that means. Linguistically children are considered similarly to inanimate objects or livestock.
    "If you don't like my peaches, don't shake my tree."

"Perhaps I write for no one. Perhaps for the same person children are writing for when they scrawl their names in the snow."

Childish?
    A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking. Steven Wright