What are you having for dinner? - Page 9

Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161719 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you having for dinner?

Quote Originally Posted by Olly Buckle View Post
    I never got that, how is a microwave dinner a healthy choice? When the missus is away and I am catering for myself it always stuns me a bit comparing my basket at the supermarket queue with the others. I buy ingredients, it is much cheaper and there is only a fraction of the amount of plastic. I would far rather spend more time in the kitchen cooking something I will really enjoy and get a sense of achievement from, than spend longer earning money to pay for stuff that is not even as nice as Coke and Doritos.

A tip, Potato is one of the few veg that does not need to go into boiling water, so put the potatoes on in cold water and then start peeling carrots. Then drop the carrot in with the potatoes. They don't take as long it gives the spuds a great taste. If I am having mash with something I will even mash them together sometimes.

Well, I am a very good cook, and I love the entire process... it is soothing to be in the kitchen, stirring, slicing and sampling... However, It is not much fun to cook for myself.... and I am lazy.... and what the heck is wrong with Doritos???? I mean seriously... it is the perfect bite....every time....
    She lost herself in the trees,
    among the ever-changing leaves.
    She wept beneath the wild sky
    as stars told stories of ancient times.
    The flowers grew toward her light,
    the river called her name at night.
    She could not live an ordinary life,
    with the mysteries of the universe
    hidden in her eyes....
    Author: Christy Ann Martine

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal,
    love leaves a memory no one can steal....
    Author unknown.

Well I sort of gave away why they will stop manufacturing them. Not to mention it takes away the nutrients in vegetables. But the example of a heart vessel breaking or collapsing is not far-fetched.
    I would follow as in believe in the words of good moral leaders. Rather than the beliefs of oneself.
    The most difficult thing for a writer to comprehend is to experience silence, so speak up. (quoted from a member)

Quote Originally Posted by Theglasshouse View Post
    My family doesn't use microwaves anymore since a doctor in our family said it could melt blood vessels. I am not making this up. Don't make microwave dinners. They will stop producing microwaves in many countries a year from now such as South Korea.

Yesterday ate a tuna sandwich with some salad. My mom didn't want to cook which is understandable. We came back from a 3-hour trip. Not to mention we were all tired.
    Tuna contains high levels of mercury, which can cause brain damage. Just saying.

As far as microwaves melting blood vessels, they're not talking about a microwave oven; they're talking about microwaves from medical devices used for treating cancer.

Looks like I took part in spreading some information that wasn't true. I looked it up and I don't know why my uncle said this.

Sure if you eat a lot of tuna it can cause damages such as when someone suffers from mercury poisoning. It can still be healthy for you if you eat it in moderation I assume.
    Last edited by Theglasshouse; December 30th, 2019 at 07:24 PM.
    I would follow as in believe in the words of good moral leaders. Rather than the beliefs of oneself.
    The most difficult thing for a writer to comprehend is to experience silence, so speak up. (quoted from a member)

I try to eat mostly whole, plant-based foods. I don't always succeed, though. Especially at the holidays.
    Last edited by Ma'am; December 31st, 2019 at 12:16 AM.

Why has vegetarian food become 'Plant based foods'?
    A new story

I finally got 'A Family Business' recorded and loaded, all 37 mins of it, much longer than any I have done before.
    Hidden Content

2 different things... A plant based diet is a diet that is based on food derived from plants...
    Veganism is an ethical movement where an individual abstains from any animal products in the form of food, clothing and products tested on animals, or that require animal abuse of any kind...
    She lost herself in the trees,
    among the ever-changing leaves.
    She wept beneath the wild sky
    as stars told stories of ancient times.
    The flowers grew toward her light,
    the river called her name at night.
    She could not live an ordinary life,
    with the mysteries of the universe
    hidden in her eyes....
    Author: Christy Ann Martine

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal,
    love leaves a memory no one can steal....
    Author unknown.

Also, "vegetarian" can include dairy and processed junk food.
    Last edited by Ma'am; December 31st, 2019 at 03:54 PM.

I see 'Plant based' on all sorts of foods that must be highly processed, like substitute milks and meat. If I wanted to differentiate a non-dairy eater I would say 'vegan'. I suppose I could be being an individual from a previous era trying to keep the language static, or that for some it adds some extra connotation I don't get. But I have a strong suspicion that it is some advertiser's B.S. Begging your pardon for the language Ma'am. I don't like using the 'Ad.' word, but sometimes it is necessary.
    A new story

I finally got 'A Family Business' recorded and loaded, all 37 mins of it, much longer than any I have done before.
    Hidden Content

I see 'Plant based' on all sorts of foods that must be highly processed, like substitute milks and meat. If I wanted to differentiate a non-dairy eater I would say 'vegan'. I suppose I could be being an individual from a previous era trying to keep the language static, or that for some it adds some extra connotation I don't get. But I have a strong suspicion that it is some advertiser's B.S. Begging your pardon for the language Ma'am. I don't like using the 'Ad.' word, but sometimes it is necessary.
    I said "whole, plant-based foods." "Whole foods" are unprocessed. And "vegan" is commonly considered to include a whole philosophy beyond diet, and also does not exclude those highly processed foods. I don't have anything to do with what an advertiser might put on a label but my use of "whole, plant-based foods" is an accurate description.
    Last edited by Ma'am; December 31st, 2019 at 10:38 PM.