What are you having for dinner? - Page 5

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: What are you having for dinner?

Yesterdays 2 day beef stew with chips or mash. Have'nt decided yet. First stew of winter.

I'm about to make some vegetable lentil soup for dinner tonight and tomorrow night, since after suffering(!) for months to drop ten pounds, I've gained five of it back already, dammit.

I am focusing on the recipes that have like a thousand good reviews. It's not nearly as fun as just tossing everything together on a whim but I am sure it will taste better. :p

I made Korean fire chicken and it was pretty delish.

Well, the soup is simmering on the stove but of course it is not the original recipe. Because what about these leftover sweet potatoes, this leftover brown rice and are we really going to just waste the celery and this jalapeno pepper, etc. Then, naturally cut the olive oil called for in half because why eat soup if it's high calorie from all that oil... It is never the original recipe!

Sounding pretty good Ma'am.

Cooking has turned into a passion of mine since getting a bit older.

It's not quite done yet but I must say it's tasty.

I make a chilie con carni once a week using Quorn instead of minced beef. Dunno why actually but it cuts down on fat and tastes lovely.

Its southern fried wings and salad tonight though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ma'am View Post
    Well, the soup is simmering on the stove but of course it is not the original recipe. Because what about these leftover sweet potatoes, this leftover brown rice and are we really going to just waste the celery and this jalapeno pepper, etc. Then, naturally cut the olive oil called for in half because why eat soup if it's high calorie from all that oil... It is never the original recipe!
    Rice is a bugger for calories. Leaving that out may help?

In the smoke and flames from my burning ships and bridges.
    Blog Entries
    It's dark and cold here, encouraging the use of the oven and comfort food. I think I'm going to make a short rib shepherd's pie with mixed white and sweet potato mash on top.

Edit: Well, okay, so I had too much broth/gravy in the bottom layer that took the top potato/garlic/kale layer down to simmer into it and now I have Potato Short Rib Soup with Veggies. Not the configuration I aimed for but still good.
    Last edited by Foxee; December 3rd, 2019 at 11:28 PM.
    We'll burn that bridge when we come to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ma'am View Post
    I'm about to make some vegetable lentil soup for dinner tonight and tomorrow night, since after suffering(!) for months to drop ten pounds, I've gained five of it back already, dammit.

I am focusing on the recipes that have like a thousand good reviews. It's not nearly as fun as just tossing everything together on a whim but I am sure it will taste better. :p
    Love the way you are focusing on well reviewed recipes, then in your next post tell us all the extras you are adding I make soup by frying an onion and then adding most of the things you mention, depending what's around, celery, carrot, sweet potato, an ordinary potato. Then make up a pint of stock with a veggie stock cube, boil it all gently for a bit, and blend.
    I decided to cut my sugar intake , for various reasons, and stopped eating cakes and biscuits, putting sugar on cornflakes, having the occasional peppermint, and eating desserts. I lost about 12 pounds in a bit over a month. The doctor was delighted, says it is really good for my liver which is under a bit of pressure from all the meds I take. The missus was worried I was becoming anorexic, but it has all levelled off at about 140 pounds, and my liver elasticity test showed it is really healthy
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast