What are you having for dinner? - Page 21

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11131415161718192021

Thread: What are you having for dinner?

Quote Originally Posted by Irwin View Post
    Chilidogs (made with bratwurst), egg potato salad, and margaritas!
    @[email protected]
    Some girls are made of Supernova’s,Moonbeam dances ,Stardust sprinkles,Forest Witches and Crows Kisses ~ RR

My namesake.

Something I scraped off of the road with a rusty pocketknife. I think it was a possum at one time. Once I picked the gravel and maggots out of it and boiled it to kill the germs, it weren't so bad. Kinda' stringy, really. The soy sauce and wasabi made all the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnesiac View Post
    Something I scraped off of the road with a rusty pocketknife. I think it was a possum at one time. Once I picked the gravel and maggots out of it and boiled it to kill the germs, it weren't so bad. Kinda' stringy, really. The soy sauce and wasabi made all the difference.
    Yum. Sounds delish. My mouth is still watering. Next time ring me up and we can make possum jerky out of the remnants you find. We will b pickin that out of our teeth for days.
    Some girls are made of Supernova’s,Moonbeam dances ,Stardust sprinkles,Forest Witches and Crows Kisses ~ RR

we had this,
    https://www.theguardian.com/food/201...ne-pollichattu

Really tasty, and we had rice with it as well because she spoils me And gooseberries from the garden with icecream for afters.
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by PiP View Post
    Today we cheated and ate at restaurant. I chose seared tuna and strawberry pavlova.
    That sounds delicious! Are the restaurants open at full capcity or social distancing? Ours here in Canada are still under restrictions so lots have not yet opened.
    Sometimes in the waves of change we find our new direction...
    - unkown

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    That sounds delicious! Are the restaurants open at full capcity or social distancing? Ours here in Canada are still under restrictions so lots have not yet opened.
    That was last year, Taylor. Restaurants here are only open to 50% capacity. We've only eaten out once since we came out of lockdown (state of emergency) and that was on the terrace. I had a craving for proper Italian thin crust pizza baked in a proper pizza oven. Hmmm... So... as there were only a couple of diners, the tables were well spaced, all the staff wore masks and were continually spraying the tables and chairs with disinfectant we decided to go for it. After nine weeks in lockdown a pizza never tasted so good Social distancing in Portugal is 2m. They are VERY strict and we have to wear masks in supermarkets, inside restaurants if you get up from your table and any inside space.

We have not eaten out again since as there's been a spike in cases in Lagos due to an illegal party. You can only have up to 20 people and they had over 100. Massive outbreak. over 110 cases from that one incident.

We now cook and experiment with new recipes

What's the new normal like in Canada?
    Check out our showcase
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    or check our my personal blog Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by PiP View Post
    That was last year, Taylor. Restaurants here are only open to 50% capacity. We've only eaten out once since we came out of lockdown (state of emergency) and that was on the terrace. I had a craving for proper Italian thin crust pizza baked in a proper pizza oven. Hmmm... So... as there were only a couple of diners, the tables were well spaced, all the staff wore masks and were continually spraying the tables and chairs with disinfectant we decided to go for it. After nine weeks in lockdown a pizza never tasted so good Social distancing in Portugal is 2m. They are VERY strict and we have to wear masks in supermarkets, inside restaurants if you get up from your table and any inside space.

We have not eaten out again since as there's been a spike in cases in Lagos due to an illegal party. You can only have up to 20 people and they had over 100. Massive outbreak. over 110 cases from that one incident.

We now cook and experiment with new recipes

What's the new normal like in Canada?
    I am in the Western side where there are less cases per capita. Masks are not mandatory in public. Same social distancing, 6 feet. Generally in supermarkets people respect it. However, they have recently opened up parks and courts and there, people are less diligent. I play tennis three times a week but only with the same people and we use our own balls.

I have been in a restaurant once, and it was similar to your experience, except the customers did not need to wear a mask.

We used to go south to Arizona twice a year, but the American border is now closed to non-essential travel.

Today we will take a ferry to travel up the coast, but we will not be permitted to leave the car park and go upstairs into the seating and restaurant area of the vessel. Before Covid, you were not allowed to stay on the carpark level. I believe it was because if the ship where to sink, they would not be able to save you, if you were in your car. Not sure what their risk analysis looks like now.
    Sometimes in the waves of change we find our new direction...
    - unkown

Patty melts with corn-on-the-cob.

It was a disgusting mess. Party pack of chicken drumsticks/crinkle chips/butter beans/& spinach. Really very gross avante garde, chicken skins broiled, depression moment. Possibly under £5 a head?