What are you having for dinner? - Page 11

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you having for dinner?

That does sound good with honey. Thanks!
    What comes after the NaPo storm of poetry?
    Get ready for the
    May 2021 Collaborator Challenge.

Send your potential partner a fruit basket and start begging!

Quote Originally Posted by Foxee View Post
    That does sound good with honey. Thanks!

and butter...
    She lost herself in the trees,
    among the ever-changing leaves.
    She wept beneath the wild sky
    as stars told stories of ancient times.
    The flowers grew toward her light,
    the river called her name at night.
    She could not live an ordinary life,
    with the mysteries of the universe
    hidden in her eyes....
    Author: Christy Ann Martine

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal,
    love leaves a memory no one can steal....
    Author unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by Firemajic View Post
    and butter...
    OTT, they are from Scotland. They say when students from the Highlands attended Edinburgh university they would bring a bag of oatmeal. Mornings they would pour a little boiling water in the top and eat the sloppy bit it as porridge, then flatten it out the rest and bake oatcakes on top of the stove to take with them. High days and holidays they would add a dram to the boiling water I don't really believe it, but it's probably not far from the truth. When I was a boy cracked oats were boiled up every night and left overnight to soften for breakfast, I have seen Scotsmen horrified by the idea of adding milk to porridge.
    Hidden Content

A whole swathe of entertainment, all sorts of lengths, all sorts of stories, all with that 'Olly' twist.

I actually managed to fin a chicken which seems to be very scarce right now. So I'm cooking a roast.

Household mammals are plumping up nicely. They are now on the short list, and I have so many recipes....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bd3179ca2189d0415b98f855d3801054.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	104.1 KB 
ID:	25647
    Sometimes, I wrestle with my demons. Other times, we just snuggle.

Veggie burger with roasted sweet potato and salad; cucumber, lettuce, carrot, celery, red onion, sweet pepper, and coleslaw.
    Hidden Content

A whole swathe of entertainment, all sorts of lengths, all sorts of stories, all with that 'Olly' twist.

I made refried bean sammiches, with tomatoes, onion, black olives and mustard on toast. They were not as good as they sounded in my mind.

Also, next time I won't get the cheapest toaster. It only does two slices at a time and makes part untoasted and part burned.

Name:	sammiches.JPG 
Size:	110.1 KB 
ID:	25657

Homemade turkey burgers with a sheet-pan egg in all its runny-yolked goodness. Made the hamburger buns, too. This rocked.

Name:	Homemade over easy turkey burger.jpg 
Size:	76.2 KB 
ID:	25658
    What comes after the NaPo storm of poetry?
    Get ready for the
    May 2021 Collaborator Challenge.

Send your potential partner a fruit basket and start begging!

Home made bread products are so much nicer, thank goodness for breadmakers. ours is on every couple to three days and there are only two of us. They don't have preservatives, but they don't need them.

There is a great description in Cobbett's 'Cottage economy' of the Happy, healthy young woman who gets exercise kneading bread, it is in the bit where he is denigrating potatoes. It is a lovely book, but I am glad of the breadmaker.
    Hidden Content

Because of the circumstances my girlfriend and I have been tighten up our food budget. Tonight we will be enjoying mushroom soup, long grain white rice and garlic butter seared string beans.
    I help people feel better and stronger through corrective exercise Hidden Content and Hidden Content . Please say hello!