What are you having for dinner? - Page 10

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910

Thread: What are you having for dinner?

I try to eat mostly whole, plant-based foods. I don't always succeed, though. Especially at the holidays.
    Last edited by Ma'am; December 31st, 2019 at 12:16 AM.

Why has vegetarian food become 'Plant based foods'?
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Olly Buckle View Post
    2 different things... A plant based diet is a diet that is based on food derived from plants...
    Veganism is an ethical movement where an individual abstains from any animal products in the form of food, clothing and products tested on animals, or that require animal abuse of any kind...
    She lost herself in the trees,
    among the ever-changing leaves.
    She wept beneath the wild sky
    as stars told stories of ancient times.
    The flowers grew toward her light,
    the river called her name at night.
    She could not live an ordinary life,
    with the mysteries of the universe
    hidden in her eyes....
    Author: Christy Ann Martine

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal,
    love leaves a memory no one can steal....
    Author unknown.

Also, "vegetarian" can include dairy and processed junk food.
    Last edited by Ma'am; December 31st, 2019 at 03:54 PM.

I see 'Plant based' on all sorts of foods that must be highly processed, like substitute milks and meat. If I wanted to differentiate a non-dairy eater I would say 'vegan'. I suppose I could be being an individual from a previous era trying to keep the language static, or that for some it adds some extra connotation I don't get. But I have a strong suspicion that it is some advertiser's B.S. Begging your pardon for the language Ma'am. I don't like using the 'Ad.' word, but sometimes it is necessary.
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

I see 'Plant based' on all sorts of foods that must be highly processed, like substitute milks and meat. If I wanted to differentiate a non-dairy eater I would say 'vegan'. I suppose I could be being an individual from a previous era trying to keep the language static, or that for some it adds some extra connotation I don't get. But I have a strong suspicion that it is some advertiser's B.S. Begging your pardon for the language Ma'am. I don't like using the 'Ad.' word, but sometimes it is necessary.
    I said "whole, plant-based foods." "Whole foods" are unprocessed. And "vegan" is commonly considered to include a whole philosophy beyond diet, and also does not exclude those highly processed foods. I don't have anything to do with what an advertiser might put on a label but my use of "whole, plant-based foods" is an accurate description.
    Last edited by Ma'am; December 31st, 2019 at 10:38 PM.

Blog Entries
    We are definitely not having a vegan dinner for New Years eve! It will be king crab legs, seafood gumbo, salad, french bread, and margaritas!

Quote Originally Posted by Irwin View Post
    We are definitely not having a vegan dinner for New Years eve! It will be king crab legs, seafood gumbo, salad, french bread, and margaritas!
    I, for one, would definitely make an exception for that.

Son tossed a bunch of big vegetable pieces on the charcoal grill, like zucchini and carrots cut in half lengthwise, etc. Zucchini, carrot, broccoli, asparagus, sweet potato, potato, corn on the cob. And nice steaks for himself. I wouldn't have thought to do the vegetables like that but it was easy and wonderful. I'll definitely copy-cat, but will probably brush with some oil w/garlic or some such first.
    Last edited by Ma'am; January 5th, 2020 at 02:37 AM.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910