Consideration for Beta Readers

Thread: Consideration for Beta Readers

Consideration for Beta Readers

Can I just ask those who request Beta Readers to check back and see if anyone has replied to their request, and if so, to please get back to them? I'm sure those of us who have or want to offer our services would prefer not to be messed around, and quite frankly it's impolite not to respond to those who want to help you. I speak from now personal experience, twice, one of which was a person who was complaining that nobody had answered his request. If this is the reaction, then I'm not surprised.

Just asking for a little consideration; treat us as you would want us to treat you. It's pretty much a decent maxim to live your life by.
    Come away, human child to the waters and the wild
    With a faery hand in hand.
    For the world's more full of weeping than you can understand. - WB Yeats "The Stolen Child"

I drink to forget, but I never forget to drink.

"If the real Jesus Christ were to stand up today
    He'd be gunned down cold by the CIA" - The The, "Armageddon Days Are Here (Again)" - Mind Bomb, 1989

The most destructive force on the planet is not nukes or global warming...it is the human ego. - Ralph Rotten

Blog Entries
    Yeah, I would imagine someone asking a huge favor out of another writer volunteering their time would have some more tact. Good post for everyone to consider. Thanks Troll.

I've since learned that the person in question, whose unanswered request prompted me to make this thread, has good reason not to. Nevertheless, the point stands: if you're going to ask people to critique your work, and someone responds, have the decency and courtesy to get back to them. Hey, it's only polite.
    Come away, human child to the waters and the wild
    With a faery hand in hand.
    For the world's more full of weeping than you can understand. - WB Yeats "The Stolen Child"

I drink to forget, but I never forget to drink.

"If the real Jesus Christ were to stand up today
    He'd be gunned down cold by the CIA" - The The, "Armageddon Days Are Here (Again)" - Mind Bomb, 1989

The most destructive force on the planet is not nukes or global warming...it is the human ego. - Ralph Rotten