Quick design

Thread: Quick design

Quick design

I designed and knocked this up from junk in a couple of hours yesterday. It was only meant to be functional but looks interestingly artistic to me as well as it happens.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Quick design.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	38.8 KB 
ID:	24592

Actually if you ignore the time that I spent looking for the right junk in the loft and garage and looking for the right tools amongst all the junk in the garage and finding enough room in the garage to do the work as well as taking time out for a tea break then it took me maybe only fifteen minutes to make it. Then of course I didn't have time left to clear up all the mess caused in the garage by looking for junk and tools and doing the work and as my angel and I spend Sunday just being together I still need to tidy up the garage on another day. So much for hobbies then.
    'Sharing an experience creates a reality.' Create a new reality today.
    'There has to be some give and take.' If I can take my time I'm willing to give it.
    'The most difficult criticism that a writer has to comprehend is silence.' So speak up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ma'am View Post
    What is it?
    Ah, is it that you mean what use could be made of it or what use I intend to make of it? I think that one should leave parts of the story for the reader to imagine for themselves rather than just telling them everything. Personally I see everything as potentially having many uses depending on their characteristics. It is most likely a thing for putting things in and as I said that it looked interestingly artistic it isn't too hard to work out what the things put in it might be bearing in mind that there seems to be a reason for them to lean away from each other. I think my writing is equally too obtuse for most readers although just a few see through my obfuscation. Personally I doubt that I could paint a clearer picture. However, if you read the posting rules for this forum you will notice that creations with a significant written component are not allowed, so the question must be whether this post is itself part of my creation and what my original motive was for creating this thread. That would be like trying to discern what any writer's motives were in writing what they did though, which is usually quite fruitless.

I think that's an answer, isn't it ... or is it just more art?
    'There has to be some give and take.' If I can take my time I'm willing to give it.
    'The most difficult criticism that a writer has to comprehend is silence.' So speak up.

Quote Originally Posted by PiP View Post
    Pen/pencil holder?
    Could be but its intended use is to hold wet brushes apart. Better than a pot or jam jar at that.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Quick design 2.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	32.5 KB 
ID:	24593