What Really Grinds Your Gears? - Page 7

Page 7 of 49 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141517 ... LastLast

Thread: What Really Grinds Your Gears?

Quote Originally Posted by J.T. Chris View Post
    Impatient drivers irritate me. Relax buddy, you'll get there.

On the contrary, slow drivers also annoy me. I clearly can't be pleased.
    Bumper humpers are the worst.
    Hidden Content <--Proceed with der clickity.

Yesterday, it hit 80 degrees and was sunny. Today, it's 21 degrees and snowing hard--almost blizzard conditions.

Meh, that's Colorado fall weather in a nutshell.

Bumper sticker on my rock-crawler: "God was my copilot, but we crashed in the mountains and I had to eat him."
    Sometimes, I wrestle with my demons. Other times, we just snuggle.

When my brain wants me to be passive-aggressive and nasty to people. I'm not that kind of person, and I know what would happen if I did act like that (re: I'll feel horrible and hate myself.) So why does my brain want me to be that way?

Quote Originally Posted by The Green Shield View Post
    When my brain wants me to be passive-aggressive and nasty to people. I'm not that kind of person, and I know what would happen if I did act like that (re: I'll feel horrible and hate myself.) So why does my brain want me to be that way?
    Because you've been socially repressed and programmed that, "Nice people don't act that way, and I'm a nice person, ergo, I don't act that way."
    Sometimes, I wrestle with my demons. Other times, we just snuggle.

Blog Entries
    I can't stand "office politics". Just do your damn job and stop gossiping. Worry about yourself, and not everyone else.
    At work, I sometimes forget where I am, and imagine I stumbled onto the set of "Mean Girls".
    Opportunities abound! Land and titles available! Be bold! Enquire now!
    See Cazique Gregor MacGregor of details.

Quote Originally Posted by Winston View Post
    I can't stand "office politics". Just do your damn job and stop gossiping. Worry about yourself, and not everyone else.
    At work, I sometimes forget where I am, and imagine I stumbled onto the set of "Mean Girls".
    You too, huh?
    Hidden Content <--Proceed with der clickity.

Know what drives me crazy? I just got over a stomach bug last week and now Lamar, whom I'm convinced has a cold, keeps trying to be near me.

For God's sake. 😑

I'm beginning to understand why tuberculosis was so rampant in the old days. It was because the sick kept trying to get all close and cuddly with the not-sick

Quote Originally Posted by The Green Shield View Post
    I'm beginning to understand why tuberculosis was so rampant in the old days. It was because the sick kept trying to get all close and cuddly with the not-sick
    No, I caught it at work from a very proper lady who never came within six feet of me, it is because it is a very nasty disease.
    A new story

I finally got 'A Family Business' recorded and loaded, all 37 mins of it, much longer than any I have done before.
    Hidden Content

Tourists. They mill about like they're at a theme park, or a whole bunch of them will slowly walk along together taking up the entire sidewalk. You can't get past them. When they're not violating sidewalk etiquette, they're just standing there like a fire hydrant, looking at the sky. And then there are the ones who come all the way up here just to stand in doorways (or at the bottom of busy staircases) staring at their phones.

Sometimes they ask for directions. Rarely do they thank you for them.

Worst are the college guys; tipsy at 11:00 AM, congregated in the middle of the sidewalk while eating the city's worst pizza, whooping and hollering while occasionally looking to see if anyone is watching them because, you know, they're having so much fun, this is, like, their city, man, their home away from home; a whole bunch of Mr. New Yorks with their wallets out and open.

Go back to South Dakota. Them there cows aint gonna tip themselves.