What Really Grinds Your Gears? - Page 4


Page 4 of 49 FirstFirst 12345678910111214 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 490

Thread: What Really Grinds Your Gears?

  1. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Rotten View Post
    I cannot stand adults that constantly say how unfair things are, or how they are never treated fairly, or how they'd get a Nobel Prize if only the judges weren't unfair.
    It sounds like a 12 year old..."Waahhh, it's unfair! Why am I in trouble, Joe did something just as bad...it's unfair!"
    Wee-ellll ... if someone said how unfair it was that their kid got cancer when the Mollington-Biggses boy down the street didn't, I wouldn't want to tell them to zip it. Don't know anyone that's been in a position to complain about that Nobel being snatched though. I should probably find better friends.


    Hidden Content Monthly Fiction Challenge


    The first cut don't hurt at all
    The second only makes you wonder
    The third will have you on your knee
    s
    - Propaganda, "Duel"

    *

    Is this fire, or is this mask?
    It's the Mantasy!
    - Anonymous








  2. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by bdcharles View Post
    Wee-ellll ... if someone said how unfair it was that their kid got cancer when the Mollington-Biggses boy down the street didn't, I wouldn't want to tell them to zip it. Don't know anyone that's been in a position to complain about that Nobel being snatched though. I should probably find better friends.

    I'll give you a hint who I was talking about: He's orange.

  3. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Rotten View Post
    I'll give you a hint who I was talking about: He's orange.
    Mr Tickle ?
    A new story

    I finally got 'A Family Business' recorded and loaded, all 37 mins of it, much longer than any I have done before.
    Hidden Content

  4. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Rotten View Post
    I'll give you a hint who I was talking about: He's orange.
    Lol, ok, yeah, in that instance I'm with you


    Hidden Content Monthly Fiction Challenge


    The first cut don't hurt at all
    The second only makes you wonder
    The third will have you on your knee
    s
    - Propaganda, "Duel"

    *

    Is this fire, or is this mask?
    It's the Mantasy!
    - Anonymous








  5. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Rotten View Post
    I cannot stand adults that constantly say how unfair things are, or how they are never treated fairly, or how they'd get a Nobel Prize if only the judges weren't unfair.
    It sounds like a 12 year old..."Waahhh, it's unfair! Why am I in trouble, Joe did something just as bad...it's unfair!"
    I know! I know who it is. "Orange" you say? Yep, I know who it is.

    When the night has come
    And the land is dark
    And the moon is the only light we'll see
    I won't be afraid, no I won't be afraid
    Just as long as you stand by me.


  6. #36
    Supervisor velo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Probably on a boat in Puget Sound
    Posts
    3,318
    Blog Entries
    2

    orange is the new jackass

    Sooooo...y'all really want to impeach the tangerine in chief (the TIC) and put a religious zealot from the early 18th century who, unlike his current boss, is not an idiot in power????

    "When a child is abused, he or she will often internalise that abuse as deserved. It is a cruel reality that a child needs the parent so much, is evolutionarily programmed to trust them so implicitly, that when a parent is abusive the child will take the blame rather than completely upend their world and blame the person they depend on for survival." -velo

    "Don't fuck with writers, we will describe you." -unknown

  7. #37
    Really, we'll be putting Mitch in charge.
    The choirboy is a noob, and he'll be led around by the old-timer.

  8. #38
    He's not going to be removed from office because Senate Republicans will never in a million years find him guilty--no matter what. But House Democrats need to do their jobs, anyway.

  9. #39
    Offline: Depressed Trollheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Where the sour turns to sweet
    Posts
    760
    Quote Originally Posted by Irwin View Post
    What really bugs me is when I go to a website to read an article and the popups take up so much space, it's nearly impossible to read it. Multiple videos are playing at the same time and one of them has the audio on, but that one's not in the window, so you have to mute your volume to shut it up, and then when you scroll, the browser rearranges everything so you forget where you were.

    I have Javascript turned off for most news websites because of that, which allows me to read sites like the NY Times and Washington Post without subscribing, so they screw themselves. You don't see a lot of the multimedia crap and some of the formatting is off, but it's a hell of a lot better than having all that crap playing while you're trying to read.
    Have you tried pop-up blockers? I think they're often built-in to the browser, if not they can be added. Works for me. Ads too. Sites are constantly "noting you have an ad blocker installed. Would you consider unblocking it so we can show you our crap?" Yeah, that's exactly what I got it for guy: so that the first idiot who wants to bombard me with ads can just do so. Suck my.....
    Come away, human child to the waters and the wild
    With a faery hand in hand.
    For the world's more full of weeping than you can understand. - WB Yeats "The Stolen Child"

    I drink to forget, but I never forget to drink.

    "If the real Jesus Christ were to stand up today
    He'd be gunned down cold by the CIA" - The The, "Armageddon Days Are Here (Again)" - Mind Bomb, 1989


    The most destructive force on the planet is not nukes or global warming...it is the human ego. - Ralph Rotten

  10. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
    Have you tried pop-up blockers? I think they're often built-in to the browser, if not they can be added. Works for me. Ads too. Sites are constantly "noting you have an ad blocker installed. Would you consider unblocking it so we can show you our crap?" Yeah, that's exactly what I got it for guy: so that the first idiot who wants to bombard me with ads can just do so. Suck my.....
    It seems mad, but I would bet that often works, it always amazes me how much people do what they are told. I always think of an incident in a bus station up north when a guy came off his scooter. His ankle was at right angles to his leg and he said 'Help me up' and a couple of people instantly started to. My mate said 'Put him down!' and they did, obeying a long haired teenager with a southern accent. Both things were counterintuitive, but they obeyed orders, amazing how often people do.

    Read my article DIY in non-fiction and make a comment, (Has to be worth a try )
    A new story

    I finally got 'A Family Business' recorded and loaded, all 37 mins of it, much longer than any I have done before.
    Hidden Content

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.