What Really Grinds Your Gears? - Page 37

Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27293031323334353637

Thread: What Really Grinds Your Gears?

Quote Originally Posted by RWK View Post
    starting out relationships,
    You mean you would bother again!!!!!!!!

Jeez you are a sucker for punishment. At least the snowflakes stuck staring at their phones 24/7 will not have that problem possibly?

Quote Originally Posted by Biro View Post
    You mean you would bother again!!!!!!!!

Jeez you are a sucker for punishment. At least the snowflakes stuck staring at their phones 24/7 will not have that problem possibly?
    Actually, everyday I am amazed at how blessed I have been for the women in my life, most especially my wife of 27 years and counting.
    Hidden Content

Never pet a burning dog.

I would definitely go back. With the exception of my childhood, I've had a GREAT life! It's been an absolute BLAST!!!

And now, off to work.....

Actually, everyday I am amazed at how blessed I have been for the women in my life, most especially my wife of 27 years and counting.
    But does she say the same?

Quote Originally Posted by Amnesiac View Post
    I would definitely go back. With the exception of my childhood, I've had a GREAT life! It's been an absolute BLAST!!!

And now, off to work.....
    That is a truly great thing to be able to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Biro View Post
    But does she say the same?
    I don't know. A big part of a successful marriage is the ability to tune out what is being said while looking supportive...
    Hidden Content

Never pet a burning dog.

I don't know. A big part of a successful marriage is the ability to tune out what is being said while looking supportive...
    That's them words again. Where I come from in England we call that....'Turning a deaf un'.

Either way you just smile but never admit you weren't listening.

My missus will talk to me from the bedroom when I am in the bathroom with the tap running cleaning my teeth, or I am in the kitchen with the kettle on and she is in the front room. When I say I have not heard she tells me I am going deaf in my old age (I am not). The other one is that books were sacrosanct when I grew up, if you were reading nobody disturbed you. I can have my head in a book and the missus will launch directly into a conversation. By the time my head is back in the room I have missed the first part, ask her to repeat it and she gets offended because I was not listening. Pretending I heard, smiling and looking supportive, is tempting, but it is too much like a lie for me, I would rather tell it as it is even if she does huff for a bit.
    Last edited by Olly Buckle; April 3rd, 2020 at 09:56 PM.
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

Inspired by some of the other great replies to this thread. I absolutely cannot stand when a person actively chooses to go for a personal attack, rather than admit they have lost a dispute. Like did you seriously never learn not to do that as a child?
    Take your plotting skills to the next level with my intensive course! Hidden Content
    Get your writing analyzed by a published author, licensed teacher, and nationally certified English tutor Hidden Content
    Download my ebook, Strand: the Silver Radio Hidden Content
    Keep being awesome, and write on! Hidden Content