What Really Grinds Your Gears? - Page 2

Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast

Thread: What Really Grinds Your Gears?

1. Parents with their small kids in public places who think the howls of anger from their overtired, hungry, diaper-filled monsters are "part of life" to the point that they don't even HEAR the howls anymore

2. I'm in the left lane waiting for the light to change. When it goes green AND NO SOONER, the asshole in front puts his signal on for a L turn

3. four 13-year-old girls talking to each other about their lives, and I can't get out of the room

4. the poetry Wordsworth wrote in the last 20 years of his life

5 testicles and brains as food

6. pizza

more coming ………………………….

"I believe in nothing but the holiness of the heart's affections and the Truth of the imagination". Keats, ​Letters

"No man is an island entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main . . . any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind. And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls -- it tolls for thee. " John Donne, Meditation XVII

"Parents" letting their "little miracles" shriek at migraine-inducing levels and run amok in shops and restaurants -- This one pisses me off beyond all belief. People watching movies on their cellphones in public places like restaurants, with the volume loud enough so that everyone else can hear it...

Basically, people being thoroughly inconsiderate and acting like they are the only ones in the entire universe that matter, whether it's how they behave in public, or how they endanger everyone around them with how they drive -- These people SUCK.
    Sometimes, I wrestle with my demons. Other times, we just snuggle.

Quote Originally Posted by clark View Post
    1. Parents with their small kids in public places who think the howls of anger from their overtired, hungry, diaper-filled monsters are "part of life" to the point that they don't even HEAR the howls anymore
    ….
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnesiac View Post
    "Parents" letting their "little miracles" shriek at migraine-inducing levels and run amok in shops and restaurants --
    Yep, I had three children under three and when we went out they were seen but not heard. As parents, we only had to look at them and they were quiet.

While I am appalled by the behaviour of some children and parents, a few months ago it was a pleasure to observe an Irish family of five children and two adults at a local restaurant. The children spoke quietly amongst themselves, no playing on the mobile phone, getting up and down from the table, and their table manners impeccable. We were so amazed we spoke to the parents as they were leaving and said how delightful their children were. The parents beamed from ear-to ear.
    Check out our showcase
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    or check out my personal blog, Hidden Content

People who drive up fast behind me when I am doing the speed limit and then sit right up close; I'm not going to break the law for you.

On the dual carriage way people who overtake when I am travelling at the speed limit, then cut in front and brake to about five miles an hour less than I have been doing.

People who pull half way across a road to turn when they have no chance of getting into the traffic stream and so block one side of the road.

People who drive five miles an hour over the limit through villages, it's half a mile, a mile at the most, the gain is negligible, the increased risk and inconvenience to others considerable

People who drive at forty everywhere, in sixty limits, thirty limits, everywhere.

Mostly bad driving winds me up because the only sensible response is to drop back and let them get on with it without provoking a stupid response that will make things even more dangerous.
    A new story

I finally got 'A Family Business' recorded and loaded, all 37 mins of it, much longer than any I have done before.
    Hidden Content

It seems to me there are far more terrible drivers than there used to be where I live, here in the U.S. I wouldn't doubt if it's because they stopped teaching drivers' ed. in the schools.

I can't stand lousy parents, and there are many of them around as I'm sure you all know. I would like to give them a nice kick in the butt whenever I meet one.

Blog Entries
    That there are now 100 different genders apparently acording to a new BBC program, what the heck and they are teaching it to kids. Now don't get me wrong I am not against someone saying they don't feel like a girl or a guy, however I do not think it should be broadcast to kids who maybe haven't made up their minds, I believe that this will encorage kids to associate just for the sake of attention or because they have seen it on tv...
    Check out my ebook
    Hidden Content on sale now.
    Hidden Content

Memories at midnight is now out in Hidden Content

Why not check out the Hidden Content and join in the latest challenge discussions.

Quote Originally Posted by H.Brown View Post
    That there are now 100 different genders apparently acording to a new BBC program, what the heck and they are teaching it to kids. Now don't get me wrong I am not against someone saying they don't feel like a girl or a guy, however I do not think it should be broadcast to kids who maybe haven't made up their minds, I believe that this will encorage kids to associate just for the sake of attention or because they have seen it on tv...
    I don't know. We teach young kids about Henry Vlll, his multiple divorce record, and chopping his wifes' head off when he's not getting his way. Kids don't then go around wanting to rewrite the Magna Carter and chop off a few teachers' heads to get out of school.

People chewing food with their mouth open: I have a washing machine at home to look at if I want to see what's tumbling around inside, thanks.

Cars that ride your ass: jeez, think consent, mate. And at least use a condom if you're gonna climb in and screw me like that.

Cars that cut corners: Need a pair of scissors and a hairdryer for that cut & blow job there, mate?

School girls who wear nothing but belts for skirts whilst at school. Seriously, if you're gonna spend all day pulling it down, why wear it in the first place, sweetheart?

School kids who throw snow at cars: Right, now it's my turn: stick your Xbox in the road and pass me a brick.

Dry sarcasm from kids: just proves how damn smart kids are today, lol.
    Last edited by Aquilo; September 21st, 2019 at 09:24 AM.
    "You don't wanna ride the bus like this,"

Mike Posner.

While I am appalled by the behaviour of some children and parents, a few months ago it was a pleasure to observe an Irish family of five children and two adults at a local restaurant. The children spoke quietly amongst themselves, no playing on the mobile phone, getting up and down from the table, and their table manners impeccable. We were so amazed we spoke to the parents as they were leaving and said how delightful their children were. The parents beamed from ear-to ear.
    This was wonderful to read, Carol! We were those parents - LOL. Seriously, the kids dad and I agreed before we even had kids that we wanted them to be good to be around, well behaved and respectful, and just generally pleasant. It was a ton of hard work, but like you describe, we had often been stopped and thanked at restaurants and church, too, for our kids' behavior. They grew into adults that are well loved, too.

My pet peeves -

The way some drivers stop six to ten feet before the line for a red light. I never know why, but it's annoying.

People who turn into a shop parking lot, but don't use the turn lane.

People who still write checks at the grocery store check out - LOL!

Just about everything everyone else mentioned!

When a knife or fork scraps on a plate, that noise goes right through me.
    Me too, Hannah!
    When the night has come
    And the land is dark
    And the moon is the only light we'll see
    I won't be afraid, no I won't be afraid
    Just as long as you stand by me.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SueC View Post
    This was wonderful to read, Carol! We were those parents - LOL. Seriously, the kids dad and I agreed before we even had kids that we wanted them to be good to be around, well behaved and respectful, and just generally pleasant. It was a ton of hard work, but like you describe, we had often been stopped and thanked at restaurants and church, too, for our kids' behavior. They grew into adults that are well loved, too.

My pet peeves -

The way some drivers stop six to ten feet before the line for a red light. I never know why, but it's annoying.

People who turn into a shop parking lot, but don't use the turn lane.

People who still write checks at the grocery store check out - LOL!

Just about everything everyone else mentioned!

Me too, Hannah!
    I'm one of thise drivers ut then I have only just begun to learn how to drive hahaha. I love it though.

Urg I shudder just thinking about that noise.
    Check out my ebook
    Hidden Content on sale now.
    Hidden Content

Memories at midnight is now out in Hidden Content

Why not check out the Hidden Content and join in the latest challenge discussions.

Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast