Seeking beta readers 87,000 word Dark Fantasy

Thread: Seeking beta readers 87,000 word Dark Fantasy

Seeking beta readers 87,000 word Dark Fantasy

• TITLE The Rising
    • GENRE Dark Fantasy
    • WORD COUNT 87,000
    • BLURB: Do you long for the rich reads of authentic monster literature set in lush times and settings? I dare you to meet the prodigium. The monsters suck worse things than blood with a mindset more terrifying than a diabolical despot. For hundreds of years, witches and the prodigia clash in a secret war, unrealized by humans. But an untrained witch, Sarah, will tip the scales for one species. Will she help her sworn enemy and the former prodigium leader, Vasile clear battle lines to reclaim his throne? Or will she fulfill an ancient prophecy to become the first global coven leader and control both species? For any right to live, let alone assume power, she will contend with her own backbiting kind. Sarah and Vasile will face impossible choices to save the ones they love, convert the course of war, and experience blowback endured by leaders.
    • EXPECTATIONS:Complete a small questionnaire on: underdeveloped scenes, extraneous areas or dialogue, confusing areas, missing information or character details, over all feeling form reading the book.
    • TIMESCALE: 3 month or sooner
    • AVAILABLE FORMATS: PDF, Epub, Mobi
    • OTHER INFORMATION: This book melds dark fantasy and monster literature with touches of horror. There is suggestive language and a few curse words but it does have gore (but not for the sake of it). Book one in a 4 part series.

If you have questions do not hesitate to ask! Cheers!
    Michele
    Last edited by marosabooks; September 23rd, 2019 at 01:06 PM.
    M. A. Rosa
    Hidden Content

Not sure if I can do it inside a month, but I'd be willing to have a go. MOBI would be best for me, then I can read it on my Kindle.
    Thanks
    TH
    Come away, human child to the waters and the wild
    With a faery hand in hand.
    For the world's more full of weeping than you can understand. - WB Yeats "The Stolen Child"

I drink to forget, but I never forget to drink.

"If the real Jesus Christ were to stand up today
    He'd be gunned down cold by the CIA" - The The, "Armageddon Days Are Here (Again)" - Mind Bomb, 1989

The most destructive force on the planet is not nukes or global warming...it is the human ego. - Ralph Rotten

Okay, I don't want to be nasty, but it's been a week and I've had no contact from the OP. I'm very busy and I'm willing to give my time, but not if the person requesting that time is not going to bother responding. So, OP, you have till Monday midnight to reply to me. Otherwise I withdraw my offer. I can't wait around forever and I have far too much to do to entertain your request if there's no effort on your part.
    For the world's more full of weeping than you can understand. - WB Yeats "The Stolen Child"

He'd be gunned down cold by the CIA" - The The, "Armageddon Days Are Here (Again)" - Mind Bomb, 1989

The most destructive force on the planet is not nukes or global warming...it is the human ego. - Ralph Rotten

Trollheart -- thank you for offering to beta! Beta's are gold dust.
    "You don't wanna ride the bus like this,"

Mike Posner.

Yeah but this one's run out sadly. I'm afraid I don't have much respect for someone who asks for help and then ignores those who offer it. So that offer's expired. Pity, but I can't be hanging around forever, as the criminal said to Pierrepoint...

Blog Entries
    I would offer that not everyone is online every day. Our schedules can be very different in the real world.
    "When a child is abused, he or she will often internalise that abuse as deserved. It is a cruel reality that a child needs the parent so much, is evolutionarily programmed to trust them so implicitly, that when a parent is abusive the child will take the blame rather than completely upend their world and blame the person they depend on for survival." -velo

"Don't fuck with writers, we will describe you." -unknown