the bands you hated - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: the bands you hated

Foreigner was okay but I hated REO. I consider them the Osmond Brothers of heavy metal. I would say the Stones probably should have split after Tattoo You. I can name the good songs on one hand after that.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

And check out Gertie's blog on her favorite top twenty-five albums between 1955-2017 Hidden Content

I wanna know what luv is....proper wishy washy stuff but sometimes one has to admit liking soft rock....
    The only one who can heal you is you.

Damn, just a few days ago I posted that I hated The Cars back in their heyday but now think they were a pretty good band. The band's primary singer and songwriter, Ric Ocasek died yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Irwin View Post
    Damn, just a few days ago I posted that I hated The Cars back in their heyday but now think they were a pretty good band. The band's primary singer and songwriter, Ric Ocasek died yesterday.

Damn. I wish we had a sad button for this one. RIP, Ric
    Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

And check out Gertie's blog on her favorite top twenty-five albums between 1955-2017 Hidden Content

I don't really get The Streets. It's some geezer doing I don't know what over a basic beatbox. He's not even rapping, he's reciting the sort of mediocre, beige, subpatriotic poetry that they advertise shit like cheese and train travel with. I don't hate the guy though. Fair play to trying it, to doing it, to making something of it. It's just not my bagel.

Hidden Content Monthly Fiction Challenge

Beauty is nothing but the beginning of terror which we are barely able to endure, and are awed,
    because it serenely disdains to annihilate us.
    - Rainer Maria Rilke, "Elegy I"

Is this fire, or is this mask?
    It's the Mantasy!
    - Anonymous

C'mon everybody, don't need this crap.
    - Wham!

Here's a tribute video for Ric Ocasek of The Cars--possibly the dorkiest band in history, and I mean that affectionately. They were interesting to watch--possibly because of their total lack of self-consciousness despite their dorkiness.

Check out Elliot Easton's guitar solo. He's highly revered for his technique and phrasing--even to this day, some 40 years later.

Bought the first album because of cry your eyes but the rest was ok...
    Last edited by escorial; September 16th, 2019 at 07:54 PM.

Cars singer found dead today

Hate rap. I despise Cyndi Lauper. Bruce Springsteen sings in monotone. I hate crap that's been dubbed from good, older songs, and Autotune has ruined nearly every last bit of modern rock. Hate U2's stuff after the "Achtung Baby" album. They sold out and they suck, now. I hate Bread, REO Speedwagon, and I think Boston, after their one-hit wonder, sucked so bad. Every song sounded like, "More Than A Feeling," and that song was so overplayed, I wanted to dig my eardrums out with chopsticks. I really don't like Clapton all that much. I hate John Tesh, Mariah Carey, and Kenny G. If the three of them all were dipped in concrete and dropped into the Mariana Trench, it would be a good start. Mariah Carey, in particular, sounds like she's being sodomized with a red-hot poker. I'm sure there are more bands that I hate, but these top the damn list. I saw Huey Lewis and the News in Tokyo Dome. They came on after Don Henley, then Bryan Adams. They sucked so bad, we walked out.

Other than that, it's all good. LMAO

Any more...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast