These Are a Few of Your Favorite Bands (with apologies to the of Sound of Music ) - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: These Are a Few of Your Favorite Bands (with apologies to the of Sound of Music )

I don't really have any favorites but I listen to some more than others.

Ozzy Osbourne
    The Protomen
    Shinedown
    Martin Garrix
    DeadMau5
    Pearl Jam
    Mystery Skulls
    Def Leppard
    and
    Poets of the Fall

But it all depends on how I'm feeling at the minute. Years of adventuring through genre makes it hard to find something I don't like.

Mikey Dread, I really think this is one of my all time favourite LP tracks, though I like the whole album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yz54hu08jwc
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

Blog Entries
    I'm really, really old-fashioned. I grew up during the big band era, loved the music, and have never had reason to change. When the beetles came on the scene, then Elvis changed over to R&R, I stopped listening or buying. With a few exceptions, my taste in music hasn't changed since mid-'55.

Quote Originally Posted by hvysmker View Post
    I'm really, really old-fashioned. I grew up during the big band era, loved the music, and have never had reason to change. When the beetles came on the scene, then Elvis changed over to R&R, I stopped listening or buying. With a few exceptions, my taste in music hasn't changed since mid-'55.
    Back in the days when I was a teenager Ace of Clubs records brought out a five volume set of Charlie Parker. I spent an awful lot of time listening to that.
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

Metal:
    Judas Priest
    A Hill to Die Upon
    Crimson Moonlight
    Drottnar
    Saint
    Turisas
    Sabaton
    Apostle
    Antestor
    kind of Bathory and Dissection but I try to limit my listening to them cuz ... Satan
    Deuteronomium and Pantokrator got me into extreme metal, so I feel like I have to mention them, even if I don't listen to them as much anymore

Jesus Rock:
    Resurrection Band (Rez Band / REZ)
    Phil Keaggy
    Larry Norman
    Lamb
    Barry McGuire

Other:
    Tim Bushong (but only his hymn covers)
    The Revolutionary Army of the Infant Jesus
    Blaster the Rocket Man
    Echo and the Bunnymen
    "So long is the way to the unknown, long is the way we have come. . ." ~ Turisas, Five Hundred and One

"[An artist is] an idiot babbling through town. . .crying, 'Dreams, dreams for sale! Two for a kopek, two for a song; if you won't buy them, just take them for free!'" ~ Michael O' Brien,
    Sophia House

Christ is risen from the dead,
    trampling on Death by death,
    And on those in the tombs,
    lavishing light.

tryna think of things Arrow didn't mention, lol
    The Mortification demo compilation, Break the Curse, is exceptional. Reminds me of Slaughter Lord with cleaner production.
    The self-titled Deliverance album is thrash but it has these chainsaw-esque guitars that give it a really cool edge.
    Dead by Dawn!

The Pretenders, Krissy Hines has a really unique voice.
    Hidden Content

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12