These Are a Few of Your Favorite Bands (with apologies to the of Sound of Music )

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: These Are a Few of Your Favorite Bands (with apologies to the of Sound of Music )

Talking These Are a Few of Your Favorite Bands (with apologies to the of Sound of Music )

While I'm waiting for Trollheart to post his sticky (he needs to keep his hand out of the honey jar), I though maybe you'd like to mention what bands and artists rate among your favorites. Let's see who tickles your whiskers

As for me, I think it may be established I'm big on the Beatles but I'm also a fan of REM, David Bowie, The Kinks, and The Byrds among others.

Okay, who's next?
    Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

And check out Gertie's blog on her favorite top twenty-five albums between 1955-2017 Hidden Content

Gosh dang, Mrmustard... I'm such an audiophile, and my tastes have changed a lot over the years...

All the Maynard projects (Tool, A Perfect Circle, Puscifer)
    Heilung
    Wardruna
    Skald
    Wolfsheim
    Rammstein
    Depeche Mode
    Tears for Fears
    Soul Coughing is a guilty pleasure
    The Cranberries
    Celldweller and Klayton's other projects
    Nine Inch Nails
    Garbage
    Dire Straits
    U2
    The Scorpions
    The B-52's
    Pearl Jam
    Evanescence
    Korn

Man, I could be at this all day...
    "Ammonia will disinfect sin."
    --adrianhayter

"Art is life, just add bull****."
    --Chris Miller

Me too. Depeche Mode would be somewhere on my list too. Also liked Soul Coughing's Ruby Vroom.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

And check out Gertie's blog on her favorite top twenty-five albums between 1955-2017 Hidden Content

as a kid the people who use to work in the music shops always had t-shirts of bands I never heard of so I asked one lad at the till in a hmv shop an he replied..you got to be really into them to know them...I bought my album walked away an thought what a tit
    The only one who can heal you is you.

Oh maaan, it's a long list...

Metallica, Iron Maiden, Disturbed, Kiss, Red, Breaking Benjamin, Mason Hill and recently, Jared James Nichols, Thousand Foot Krutch. I also like Andrea Bocelli, Vittorio, and pianists like Ludovico Einaudi.

But I've got a real soft spot for Luca Stricagnoli on guitar, especially his cover of Thunderstruck:

"You don't wanna ride the bus like this,"

Mike Posner.

The Cure
    The Fixx
    Depeche Mode
    Tears For Fears
    David Bowie
    Leonard Cohen
    Tom Waits
    Dire Straits
    Iron Maiden
    Motley Crue
    Van Halen (with David Lee Roth)
    Sixx A.M.
    Oingo Boingo
    Kill Hannah
    Third Eye Blind
    Foo Fighters
    Fleetwood Mac
    Stevie Nicks
    Pink Floyd
    Sting
    The Police
    Aphex Twin
    Alice Cooper
    Neil Diamond
    Glenn Campbell
    Johnny Cash
    Eagles
    Don Henley
    U2 - (up to Achtung Baby album)
    Prince
    The Killers
    Stereophonics
    The Chameleons
    Psychedelic Furs
    Motels

On and on....
    Last edited by Amnesiac; September 12th, 2019 at 11:53 PM. Reason: Forgot The Fixx!

Bucks Fizz
    Bay City Rollers
    Mud
    The Osmond's
    Sex Pistols
    The only one who can heal you is you.

Tool, Cannibal Corpse, Isis, to name a few.

Pixies
    Sonic Youth
    Pink Floyd
    Radiohead
    Jawbreaker
    The Jam
    Minutemen
    X
    Descendents
    The Last
    Oneida
    Magazine

not a lot of love for electronic music here but I must include:

Download
    Skinny Puppy
    Autechre (before they went off the rails after "Untilted")
    Aphex Twin
    Squarepusher
    Plaid
    Throbbing Gristle
    SPK
    Severed Heads
    Last edited by KenTR; December 26th, 2019 at 02:39 PM. Reason: how could I forget Magazine?

Oh man, part of the joy of joining a new forum for me is introducing all the other users to Ariel Pink!
    Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti is one of the greatest artists of the 2000s, and it is a damn crime that he's so underrated! Lots of people like to compare him to Syd Barrett and Frank Zappa, and while I don't think that comparison is totally wrong, I do think Ariel should be thought of as more standalone.
    I don't know if a lowly new member such as myself is allowed to post links yet, so I'd urge all of you to check out his album House Arrest. It's a great entrypoint.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast