Hello Everyone!

Thread: Hello Everyone!

Hello Everyone!

Hi, friends,

Glad I can join the community here. A little bit about me -- I'm an American expat living overseas, following my husband's career while I finish up my PhD in intercultural studies. I'm a secret introvert (i.e. I'm really outgoing at parties but leave early because people exhaust me) and I prefer quiet activities like writing, cooking, crocheting, and watching reality TV and documentaries with hubby. Over the last few years I've started getting paid for writing for others and I rather like it, so I'm thinking about going into freelance writing and editing when I finish my studies (especially since I'm too exhausted to launch into any sort of academic career right now!) I'm hoping to share ideas and offer helpful feedback with others on the forum. Looking forward to it!

Cheers!

shyla

Nice to meet you, Shyla. I'm just shutting down on the editing front: I've done it for 8 years now. What qualifications do you have in editing?
    "You don't wanna ride the bus like this,"

Mike Posner.

Hidden Content

Hi and welcome to WF!

I am also an expat and a secret introvert. I like the thought of going to parties but like you people exhaust me after a few hours - I could write a book on 50 ways to stifle a yawn. so yes, I am pleased to escape and return to creative activities in my own space.
    Check out our showcase
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Blog Entries
    Welcome, Shyla!

I think it's a fair bet that most on the forum are introverts
    You'll fit right in!

I'm currently working as a freelance writer. Doesn't exactly pay the bills, but it's generally easy work and I would recommend it. Plenty of opportunities out there, especially for writing blogs and eCommerce product descriptions (or so I've found).

The introverts need to stick together. I know that last sentence is the opposite of what introverts do, but we have computers to hide behind!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Room full of empty chairs.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	69.1 KB 
ID:	24465
    Introvert support group.