What Was The First Story You Ever Wrote? - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What Was The First Story You Ever Wrote?

Most interesting are the notebooks I kept. Mainly to work out poetry, but also for notes, experiments, bios of characters, nonsense, and one-off bits that I just jotted down for one reason or another. There's also phone numbers, lists, and notes about things unrelated to writing. Since I usually filled one notebook at a time, they've been helpful in filling in some of the gaps from the personal journals I kept at that time.

During depressive periods I've thrown out writing, too, as well as artwork. I very much regret tossing the artwork since I don't really draw or paint anymore.

The Tiger Birds

One day a tiger was running away from a bear and then the tiger ran up a tree and sat on a nest of eggs and then his friends came and laghed at him then a egg was opening and out came a very funny looking thing and it made a noises NETEL-NETEL and then it ran away as fast as they Cold and the very funny things wrer called tiger birds and just then the Bear was back and Lookwd at the Tiger Birds and saw that there teeth were the whitest teeth he ever saw and called (for) the Tiger the bear sead you will half to be the mother me said the tiger no you half to be the mother and evry thing the tiger and Bear Descast it evry morthing ther tiger sed No NO NO No One day they descast it over and the tiger Had to be theit mother!! The babys cold fly!!! But the mother caldent. evry morthing the mother had to jump up and cachthem One day the Tiger went to a movy and cept the tiger birds in a cage in car and then the door swang open and the Tiger birds cam out and the gards wrer scard and ran away and the tiger birdS Flew in and went in the movy room and went in front of the screen and I amped onevrys Back and after that it was over it was in the News and news paper and thay chectd evrays house in the Tiger and Bears street the bear said no and try 27 so they went to 27 an the tigerbirds open the door and soon the tiger was in jail when he came out the tiger birds were good and flyd and they did live haply ever after

I found this in my copy of Dr. Suess My book abouT me just now and I was ecactly five wen I wrote it and hav copyd it verbatum from Dr. Suess My Book about me I was for feet tall and had browm eyes well that is realy the ferst story i ever rote not the one befor this one so now you know i shood show this to my the rapist i mean therapist becaus the mother was bad and didnot want to be the mother and let the babys get away and be bad so the therapist would say now we find root of problem go and have cheesburger.
    Last edited by KenTR; September 10th, 2019 at 08:02 PM. Reason: spellling error

I need to write a story about beagulls. They're like seagulls, but a little different. Especially when they crap on you.

(dramatic voice) "Just when you thought it was safe to go back to the beach..." (sounds of overhead baying heard, and totally grossed out tourists screaming)
    Her: I love my computer! All of my friends are in there!
    Me: Yeah, I was thinking the same thing about my freezer...
    Her: What?
    Me: What?

Quote Originally Posted by Amnesiac View Post
    I need to write a story about beagulls. They're like seagulls, but a little different. Especially when they crap on you.

(dramatic voice) "Just when you thought it was safe to go back to the beach..." (sounds of overhead baying heard, and totally grossed out tourists screaming)
    The tagline on the movie poster could say, "Man's Worst Friend."

My first story was a feminist version of Star Wars. That was back in the old generation of Star Wars and I wasn't happy that only men got to wield light sabers. Princess Lea got entirely cut out (she was always clinging to someone and needing to be saved). I was around 11 when I wrote it, I think my powerful heroine was fueled by the fact that I was being bullied at that age. *If only light sabers were real*

Quote Originally Posted by shyla View Post
    My first story was a feminist version of Star Wars. That was back in the old generation of Star Wars and I wasn't happy that only men got to wield light sabers. Princess Lea got entirely cut out (she was always clinging to someone and needing to be saved). I was around 11 when I wrote it, I think my powerful heroine was fueled by the fact that I was being bullied at that age. *If only light sabers were real*
    I can't stand bullies! Good on you for channeling it into writing, shyla!

Hmm, the first story I wrote was when I was in my 30s, lol. It was also the second novel to be published and the publisher gave it the title of Broken Ink. I can't remember my working title... I don't know if it even had one. I know the cover designer was Russian, and it was the first cover of mine to be drawn. Usually, I don't like illustrated covers, but she did a fantastic job.
    "You don't wanna ride the bus like this,"

Mike Posner.

Hidden Content

The first story I ever wrote was called, 'Fun House'. I was eight years old, and trying to impress a girl in my class at school that I had a crush on. The story was about what the future was like after the two of us had gotten married and such. Three more installments came about, before I moved on.

Now that it's been 31 years, I can look back and laugh at it heartily. However, everyone must start somewhere....

-JJB
    ​"Strong convictions precede great actions....."

Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

The first one took place in school based on people in class. The second was based on this device this man had made to pass on his son which I didn't know the time travel genre existed. He went back in time and visited a castle. Where there was an evil overlord. He defeated a water sprit, and killed a dragon. I got some of the ideas from a movie. I forgot if he ever came back home. Since that would have been the time traveling wish. I never wrote again until many years later. But got a a+ at the assignment in English. This was in eighth grade. Too bad dragons don't exist. So in its own way it was nonsensical. But it was the only science fiction and fantasy in the class which is why I think he gave me that grade.
    I would follow as in believe in the words of good moral leaders. Rather than the beliefs of oneself.
    The most difficult thing for a writer to comprehend is to experience silence, so speak up. (quoted from a member)

Quote Originally Posted by Theglasshouse View Post
    The first one took place in school based on people in class. The second was based on this device this man had made to pass on his son which I didn't know the time travel genre existed. He went back in time and visited a castle. Where there was an evil overlord. He defeated a water sprit, and killed a dragon. I got some of the ideas from a movie. I forgot if he ever came back home. Since that would have been the time traveling wish. I never wrote again until many years later. But got a a+ at the assignment in English. This was in eighth grade. Too bad dragons don't exist. So in its own way it was nonsensical. But it was the only science fiction and fantasy in the class which is why I think he gave me that grade.
    I did that back in high school, where I wrote a giant mass murder mystery. I took about 60 people from my class and had them all crash on a deserted island and one person was the killer and everyone else got gruesomely murdered. You could never get away with that today, but everyone loved it. Everyone wanted to be the murderer or see how they died. The teachers were reading it. The principal loved it. But like I said, they'd call someone if you dared to write something like that today.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123