The Neverending Story - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Neverending Story

Quote Originally Posted by vranger View Post
    (The dagger went over the side. Sorry! LOL)
    I don't see she went to the side. In line 16, she bumped into Hector's leg with her jaw hanging...unless I missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by happy-hippie View Post
    I don't see she went to the side. In line 16, she bumped into Hector's leg with her jaw hanging...unless I missed it.
    "Hector kicked at the loose knife and watched it slide across the deck, under the railing, and disappear into the waves."

Quote Originally Posted by vranger View Post
    "Hector kicked at the loose knife and watched it slide across the deck, under the railing, and disappear into the waves."
    Oh okay... sorry about that...

Happy-hippie, you're welcome to follow up with another move forward! Or, y'know...somebody! Three lines to get this going again, I believe in whoever it is who's reading this! Here's where we left off...
    "Obviously, you're overthinking this," the cat said, sitting down as though the deck were still as a board on a sunny day and fixing him with a golden stare.

"How?" Hector asked before his brain could rush in and tell him cats can't talk, the cat gave a needle-toothed yawn.

"Doesn't matter but in this weather we'll all drown if you keep standing around instead of doing something useful."
    What comes after the NaPo storm of poetry?
    Get ready for the
    May 2021 Collaborator Challenge.

Send your potential partner a fruit basket and start begging!

**hope this one works**

His therapist had told him that the illusions were not real, just disowned parts of him, and so, he stared hard at the cat, willing it to disappear.

Just then, the Tabby jumped up with a loud, piercing screech. “Watch out! Watch out! She’ll kill you, she will!”

Hector turned just in time to see that the woman had found an empty wine bottle and was aiming for his head. “I’m sorry,” she said.

Cursing himself for thinking of his therapist at a time like this, the same therapist who warned him to live in the moment, Hector threw up an arm to shield his head and got solidly thwacked on the forearm.

The woman looked at the bottle, dismayed that it hadn't broken, and in that moment Hector grabbed it and threw it overboard, considering doing the same to the woman.

"Nice try, Princess," he said dryly, "now explain-- " But he was interrupted by a wall of water that crashed over the side of the boat, tilting everything like a funhouse as it swept him...
    What comes after the NaPo storm of poetry?
    Get ready for the
    May 2021 Collaborator Challenge.

Send your potential partner a fruit basket and start begging!

across the deck to the opposite side. He couldn't see the woman or the cat. He tried to stand but dizziness made his head swim. Where the hell was he?
    I'm too blessed to be stressed and too anointed to be disappointed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123