Seeking Betas for Pinocchio (incomplete novel) - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Seeking Betas for Pinocchio (incomplete novel)

Quote Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
    Oh, crumbs! Me ma will be watching me in there now! I'll have to be on my best behaviour!
    I'll say the same I say to any of my lads -- no sex until you're dead! To which the smartass one says... "Necrophilia? You sure you want to promote that one, mom?"

Bloody kids....

"You don't wanna ride the bus like this,"

Mike Posner.

Hidden Content

For the curious, the current count of chapters which contain sex of some sort is 39/95. Book is standing currently at 116K.

I'm not kidding when I say this book is chock full of adult content. My count will be different from the counts of others. Said scenes are not equally explicit nor are all consensual (among other things, the story's about child abuse, after all). There's a lot of variety; I don't write the same sort of thing twice because there's no point in bloating a book or boring myself. All scenes are needed for the plot, too, because otherwise I don't write them. If it happened off-screen, I didn't count it. If it's implied, I didn't count it (As much as possible, I try to use implication--particularly with scenes of child abuse). There is a lot of sexual content that is not reflected in that count.

Scenes range in size from an itty bitty paragraph during a whole chapter to two-chapter spreads, if I recall correctly. There's at least one that's over 2K, but the vast majority are much, much smaller (in the 'handful of paragraphs' ballpark). Some were so small and had so little detail that I didn't count them.

(After a look back, all of the longer 2K-ish ones are threesomes. Depending on how one defines a sex scene, there are only 2-4 such 2K-ish scenes.)
    Last edited by seigfried007; September 11th, 2019 at 02:12 PM.
    "Ammonia will disinfect sin."
    --adrianhayter

"Art is life, just add bull****."
    --Chris Miller

I want to read your book. I am willing to be a beta, but you say it's not finished, and I think you have chosen a difficult task that will take a lot of work. So I am not sure if you really mean beta. I am happy to look at it and make comments, you know I want to support what you are doing.
    Looking for people to beta a chapter or more of my book Modern Punctuation and Grammar: Tools for Better Writing. Go Hidden Content
    As always, useful information you can't find anywhere else.

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by EmmaSohan View Post
    I want to read your book. I am willing to be a beta, but you say it's not finished, and I think you have chosen a difficult task that will take a lot of work. So I am not sure if you really mean beta. I am happy to look at it and make comments, you know I want to support what you are doing.
    I'm going after the kinds of feedback betas give--big picture stuff. Work's pretty clear of nits and such, but I'll take any feedback I can get. I feel bad about it not being finished and am certainly working to remedy that.

Because it's been written in three big spurts over ten years, there's bound to be some changes in style (though these have hopefully been minimized through a lot of editing and story issues).

It cheers me to no end that you support the project at all--even a little, Emma
    --adrianhayter

--Chris Miller

I am waiting until they grant me permission by one of the admins to the red room so that I can read more chapters. I pmed one of them today, and I expect them to give me access to the red room since I am old enough to read what is in that forum section. But when that happens I don't know if it will be tomorrow that I get the permission. I will have to wait though until I get a response in the inbox. Then if all is solved I will read 2 more chapters as I promised since I want to give some feedback because of all the help I've received. That and because I genuinely like the story even though its not my favorite genre.
    I would follow as in believe in the words of good moral leaders. Rather than the beliefs of oneself.
    The most difficult thing for a writer to comprehend is to experience silence, so speak up. (quoted from a member)

Current number of chapters containing on-screen sex vs total number of chapters: 40/100
    Novel's at 122+K and counting.

Not sure how many more scenes like that are going to be in the book, but as I only know a few more that will have to be included, the ratio should continue to fall as the story progresses.

(I mention this count not as advertising but as a warning to potential readers. I hate the idea that someone's going to pick this thing up expecting maybe one or two scenes like that and being unpleasantly flabbergasted. Most of said scenes are short and sparse on details.)
    --adrianhayter

--Chris Miller

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12