Seeking Betas for Pinocchio (incomplete novel)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seeking Betas for Pinocchio (incomplete novel)

Seeking Betas for Pinocchio (incomplete novel)

• TITLE: Pinocchio
    • GENRE: Psychological Horror
    • WORD COUNT: 122K and counting
    • BLURB: The life of a mild-mannered family man falls to pieces after he meets a mysterious entity in this disturbing retelling of the classic tale.
    • AUDIENCE DESCRIPTION: Adults only
    • EXPECTATIONS: While anything might help, I'm looking for big picture observations on pacing, plot, character development, continuity errors, etc. This story is incredibly complicated, and I'm trying to make it work on several levels, which means that I may goof up on something while trying to juggle all of it.
    • TIMESCALE: Take as long as you need
    • AVAILABLE FORMATS: Only in the Red Light Room. Ask PiP or rcallaci for access to the board, if you don't already have access because said board is not minor-friendly.
    • https://www.writingforums.com/thread...rror-edition!*
    • OTHER INFORMATION:

This story is designed to work on any number of levels and in a number of genres, despite not necessarily being a crossover.

It's up to the reader to determine if the book is science-fiction, horror, erotic romance or something else. Even a surface-level reading should be disturbing, though I think it's more disturbing the deeper one reads. On the surface, the story is science-fiction and/or cosmic horror, both with strong erotic elements. A deeper reading may yield a story which is entirely literary/psychological and even set in the modern era. I've designed it for a lot of re-reading pleasure potential, and hopefully multiple read-throughs will yield greater insight and enjoyment.

It's up to the reader to determine how reliable the POV David Surrey is, how sane he is at any point, if anything that's going on around him is really happening--and what might actually be happening, if he's lying or mistaken.

This story contains a great deal of adult and explicit content, including: sex (M/M, M/F and multiple partners), child abuse, harsh language, rape, body horror. Fundamentally, this story is about mental illness, parenthood, the cyclical nature of abuse, and the wide-ranging aftereffects of child abuse (especially that of childhood sexual trauma).

This story is not finished, but I am working on it and usually add one chapter a day in the thread. Chapters are usually around a thousand words, so they're pretty quick reads and provide lots of good stopping points. It should be nearing its end... but I thought it would be over several thousand words ago, so I'm probably wrong. There are a couple more arcs I still need to write, and knowing these characters, they're going to stretch their literary lifespans out.
    Last edited by seigfried007; September 16th, 2019 at 07:47 AM.
    "Ammonia will disinfect sin."
    --adrianhayter

"Art is life, just add bull****."
    --Chris Miller

Oh yeah! Count me in! Might take a little while, but I'd view this more as almost a request from me than a response to you. Can I? Huh? Huh?
    Come away, human child to the waters and the wild
    With a faery hand in hand.
    For the world's more full of weeping than you can understand. - WB Yeats "The Stolen Child"

I drink to forget, but I never forget to drink.

"If the real Jesus Christ were to stand up today
    He'd be gunned down cold by the CIA" - The The, "Armageddon Days Are Here (Again)" - Mind Bomb, 1989

The most destructive force on the planet is not nukes or global warming...it is the human ego. - Ralph Rotten

Quote Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
    Oh yeah! Count me in! Might take a little while, but I'd view this more as almost a request from me than a response to you. Can I? Huh? Huh?
    Whatever floats your boat
    --adrianhayter

--Chris Miller

Thanks. I think I have to be authorised to gain access to the RLR though, don't I? I'm over eighteen, I assure you. A good three decades and more...
    For the world's more full of weeping than you can understand. - WB Yeats "The Stolen Child"

He'd be gunned down cold by the CIA" - The The, "Armageddon Days Are Here (Again)" - Mind Bomb, 1989

The most destructive force on the planet is not nukes or global warming...it is the human ego. - Ralph Rotten

Thanks. I think I have to be authorised to gain access to the RLR though, don't I? I'm over eighteen, I assure you. A good three decades and more...
    Yup. Just ask PiP or racallaci for permission onto the RLR board. They're quick about answering PMs, and the board's always happy for more action.
    --adrianhayter

--Chris Miller

Be good to see you in there with us, TH.
    "You don't wanna ride the bus like this,"

Mike Posner.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquilo View Post
    Be good to see you in there with us, TH.
    Oh, crumbs! Me ma will be watching me in there now! I'll have to be on my best behaviour!

I don't at the moment. Could you sort that for me please? Would be most appreciated.
    Thanks.
    TH

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast