"Lean and Mean" Espresso Bar

Page 1 of 15 12345678911 ... LastLast

Thread: "Lean and Mean" Espresso Bar

"Lean and Mean" Espresso Bar

And here is where we hang out and chat about the weekly "Lean and Mean" challenge. Welcome!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	coffee-3107235_960_720.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	46.6 KB 
ID:	24314
    Last edited by Ma'am; September 23rd, 2019 at 07:25 AM.

The first week's Lean and Mean challenge is now open!

https://www.writingforums.com/thread...lenge-09-02-19

Just a random thought here, fwiw. I was thinking it might be fun to tie these weekly stories together into a collection (I mean as an idea for individuals to consider, not as a group project or any type of requirement for the challenge). For example, maybe set in the same town with repeating characters showing up again from time to time, evolving as the weeks progress. To keep anonymity, perhaps consider using different names/locations for the challenge. Hmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Ma'am View Post
    Just a random thought here, fwiw. I was thinking it might be fun to tie these weekly stories together into a collection (I mean as an idea for individuals to consider, not as a group project or any type of requirement for the challenge). For example, maybe set in the same town with repeating characters showing up again from time to time, evolving as the weeks progress. To keep anonymity, perhaps consider using different names/locations for the challenge. Hmm...
    For obvious reasons, if you've read my first entry, that won't work for me. Also, I've already written the one for next week and am working on the third week. Actually, it's hard enough (for me anyway) to write a story of 1000 or less words without adding other restrictions. Just my thoughts, others may disagree. But of course, they're wrong.
    Come away, human child to the waters and the wild
    With a faery hand in hand.
    For the world's more full of weeping than you can understand. - WB Yeats "The Stolen Child"

I drink to forget, but I never forget to drink.

"If the real Jesus Christ were to stand up today
    He'd be gunned down cold by the CIA" - The The, "Armageddon Days Are Here (Again)" - Mind Bomb, 1989

The most destructive force on the planet is not nukes or global warming...it is the human ego. - Ralph Rotten

Now we're halfway through the first week's challenge with four stories entered. So far, so good!

In case anyone missed it, there are still two more days to enter the first week's Lean and Mean flash fiction challenge:

https://www.writingforums.com/thread...lenge-09-02-19

Can we start posting on Monday for the next challenge? My story's ready to go (so is the week after's...)
    Come away, human child to the waters and the wild
    With a faery hand in hand.
    For the world's more full of weeping than you can understand. - WB Yeats "The Stolen Child"

I drink to forget, but I never forget to drink.

"If the real Jesus Christ were to stand up today
    He'd be gunned down cold by the CIA" - The The, "Armageddon Days Are Here (Again)" - Mind Bomb, 1989

The most destructive force on the planet is not nukes or global warming...it is the human ego. - Ralph Rotten

Quote Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
    Can we start posting on Monday for the next challenge? My story's ready to go (so is the week after's...)
    Sure. I plan to open the next contest as soon as the current one closes, all just before and after midnight on Sunday/Monday.
    Last edited by Ma'am; September 23rd, 2019 at 07:26 AM.

Page 1 of 15 12345678911 ... LastLast