Lean and Mean Prize- Flash Fiction Challenge - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lean and Mean Prize- Flash Fiction Challenge

Quote Originally Posted by Mish View Post
    7) A Story Based on a Song (list the song at the end)

Hmmm... this prompt confuses me a bit. Would something like this qualify?

"Who came first, the walrus or the egg?" asked the walrus.

"Well that's a timeless old question, isn't it," replied the eggman. "Have you considered the possibility of 'Goo goo g'joob'?"
    However you want to take it, Mish, as long as the song it's based on is noticeable in it somehow.

Whoa. I just discovered this whole entire operation. This is awesome! Thanks, Ma'am! I look forward to competing... Eventually!

Looking ahead, is "fall festival" what we Brits would call harvest festival?
    Time is limited for me but if I start picking them out far enough ahead, I reckon I could work with some of those prompts. Not sure about fall festival though.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Istine View Post
    Looking ahead, is "fall festival" what we Brits would call harvest festival?
    Time is limited for me but if I start picking them out far enough ahead, I reckon I could work with some of those prompts. Not sure about fall festival though.
    I was going to make this prompt "Halloween," but it seemed too limiting so I changed it to "Fall Festival," which is also the term the churches here in the US who are against Halloween use. (Then they have Halloween-ish parties for the kids in their church, on Halloween). But I'll accept any celebration/festival/whatever in Autumn, including harvest festival. I tried to make the prompts deliberately not too specific to leave lots of room for individual interpretation.

We have 48 hours to go for this week's challenge and also for this week's vote.

11 hours left in this week's challenge or to vote for the winner of last week's challenge. See post above for links.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12