Things That Make You Think.... - Page 4

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Things That Make You Think....

If God didn't want us to eat His animal friends, He shouldn't have made them out of meat!
    Her: (trying to be profound) If the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.
    Me: (Hungover and really not in the mood) The only tool I have is a screwdriver, so every problem looks like I can solve it by screwing.
    Her: ....

Quote Originally Posted by Amnesiac View Post
    If God didn't want us to eat His animal friends, He shouldn't have made them out of meat!
    This made me chuckle in the middle of a busy cafeteria. Now I am being looked as if I was a crazy person.

This mornings news informed me that flood proof ballot boxes will be used in next months election, are they for all those floating voters l wondered.

(My sympathies to those people in the Midlands flooded yet again)

Why do some people choose to believe crazy conspiracy theories and "alternative" facts?

Quote Originally Posted by Irwin View Post
    Why do some people choose to believe crazy conspiracy theories and "alternative" facts?
    Sorry mate, but you should put 'facts' in inverted commas

Ever come across Ben Goldacre, wrote 'Bad science'?
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Irwin View Post
    Because they want progress, not stagnation. Accepted norms need to be challenged to prove their worth or replace them.

In the dictionary the word "crazy" has many alternate explanations, so it isn't clear which is factually correct, if any. Maybe the word is the result of a conspiracy to maintain the status quo, the "crazy" conspiracy in fact, but that's just a theory.

P.S.
    It might be worth checking the exact meaning of the word "believe" as well. There is an astonishing alternative to the conventional perception of time that I feel obliged to accept, but that isn't the same as believing it because in my opinion belief is voluntarily going beyond what experience indicates.

It's just some antics semantics to me.

P.P.S.
    I just noticed something strange about THIS OTHER THREAD. At the time of writing it allegedly contains five posts, but I see only four numbered two to five, the first one having the timestamp that the system claims the thread was created, so one would expect it to be number one, not two. It's enough to make one suspect a conspiracy ... or at least think.
    Last edited by JustRob; November 15th, 2019 at 10:08 AM.
    'Sharing an experience creates a reality.' Create a new reality today.
    'There has to be some give and take.' If I can take my time I'm willing to give it.
    'The most difficult criticism that a writer has to comprehend is silence.' So speak up.

1 to 4 all numbered correctly, methinks the gremlins are standing with their hands behind their backs whistling innocently.
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234