Things That Make You Think.... - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Things That Make You Think....

It's all Colonel Sanders' fault for making chicken so damned tasty.

We were looking at peanut butter in the supermarket the other day, and as the main consumer I was urging buying the cheapest when a passing stranger said 'My badgers like it, I make sandwiches with it and the badgers come every night for them.'
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

Discrimination is considered to be a human right, so any society that deprecates discrimination but supports human rights easily finds itself in self-conflict.

Nowadays we hear more about obesity than fat people, but Oxford Dictionaries defines "obese" as "grossly fat" so there must be a very large number of fat people around for obesity to be considered a problem, or do people just explode from not being fat to being obese?
    'Sharing an experience creates a reality.' Create a new reality today.
    'There has to be some give and take.' If I can take my time I'm willing to give it.
    'The most difficult criticism that a writer has to comprehend is silence.' So speak up.

Well, I devised a pen name about a month ago, right. And about two weeks later my employer brought in a rehire that worked for the company at another location a few years ago who also happens to have the same first name as my new pen name. I haven't published anything under my new pen name yet but I must think... should I keep the pen name or let them allegedly force me indirectly to change it? The pen name came first.

I didn't tell anyone about my pen name either because the decision wasn't final, so coincidence? Is my employer spying on me? Is his name real or is he a corporate employee acting out a character?

This seems like a great idea for a story.
    Last edited by Art Man; September 16th, 2019 at 02:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Art Man View Post
    Well, I devised a pen name about a month ago, right. And about two weeks later my employer brought in a rehire that worked for the company at another location a few years ago who also happens to have the same first name as my new pen name. I haven't published anything under my new pen name yet but I must think... should I keep the pen name or let them allegedly force me indirectly to change it? The pen name came first.

I didn't tell anyone about my pen name either because the decision wasn't final, so coincidence? Is my employer spying on me? Is his name real or is he a corporate employee acting out a character?

This seems like a great idea for a story.
    Kind of depends. If the name is John or David I wouldn't worry; if it is Ainsley, or Zachariah there might be some cause for concern
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

Why is it so fun to call people names? You know what I mean. The delicious mean warmth that spreads through your chest at the idea of what delicious name you've selected for them, then fills your mouth with joy... I know you know what I mean!

Quote Originally Posted by Ma'am View Post
    Why is it so fun to call people names? You know what I mean. The delicious mean warmth that spreads through your chest at the idea of what delicious name you've selected for them, then fills your mouth with joy... I know you know what I mean!
    My partner looking at my phone found someone listed as S F B; 'Sh*t for brains?'; 'No, Steve from Balham.'
    Hidden Content

I would really like to know where all the annoying little bubbles in my nail polish came from. I've already removed the polish and re-applied it twice.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123