Experimental Collage' [Mending]

Thread: Experimental Collage' [Mending]

Blog Entries

Experimental Collage' [Mending]

Last edited by SilverMoon; August 15th, 2019 at 10:48 PM.
    “The man who cannot visualize a horse galloping on a tomato is an idiot.”
    Andre Breton

Poetry, I say.
    "Self-righteousness never straddles the political fence."

Midnightpoet

"The bible says to love your neighbor. It's obvious that over the centuries it has been interpreted as the opposite."
    (sarcasm alert)

Midnightpoet

Hidden Content Hidden Content

Blog Entries
    Thank you, Tony (Carole & Barbara for your "Likes"). Background: Have been in Physical Therapy for many months due to a wrist injury. Denise, the best PT ever!, gave me a homework assignment (to create a collage') as my wrist improved so I can wield my Exacto knife, once again.

This simple piece actually took me a week. A cut here, then there.

The message covers allot of ground but is certainly pertinent to physical healing. I will be gifting this to her next session. I think she will be happily surprised... at least for the effort.
    Last edited by SilverMoon; August 15th, 2019 at 10:41 PM.
    Andre Breton

Very well done Laurie, the wrist is obviously mending nicely. Odd that you expose the collar bone as I fractured mine some years ago and its now lumpy and out of line. The slogan is more than its parts!

I agree with midnight - here there be poetry. For me the image speaks of change and loss of connections, expressing the wonder of facing up to the disaster and building new understanding through honesty. There is beauty in that sort of personal growth. I like the facelessness too as it implies that the message applies to all. There's enough here for a poem, short story or maybe even a book.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Norman View Post
    Very well done Laurie, the wrist is obviously mending nicely. Odd that you expose the collar bone as I fractured mine some years ago and its now lumpy and out of line. The slogan is more than its parts!
    So sorry to hear about your own fracture. Hope you still don't experience bouts of pain. And thanks, I was hoping the "broadcast" would work well.

Quote Originally Posted by jenthepen View Post
    I agree with midnight - here there be poetry. For me the image speaks of change and loss of connections, expressing the wonder of facing up to the disaster and building new understanding through honesty. There is beauty in that sort of personal growth. I like the facelessness too as it implies that the message applies to all. There's enough here for a poem, short story or maybe even a book.
    Thanks, Jen. You put it so aptly, beautifully - about accepting trials (both physical and emotional). When you come to own them there's relief in this honesty.

This piece very much represents my approach to verse writing. Unlike Sylvia Plath who wrote her masterpiece "Ariel" in the throws of deep pain, I cannot. I must heal then write about it in retrospect. The writing sort of "seals" the healing, as much as can be possible.

Thank you, all!
    Andre Breton

Quote Originally Posted by SilverMoon View Post
    This piece very much represents my approach to verse writing. Unlike Sylvia Plath who wrote her masterpiece "Ariel" in the throws of deep pain, I cannot. I must heal then write about it in retrospect. The writing sort of "seals" the healing, as much as can be possible.

Thank you, all!
    Me too. I can't write at all when I'm down. Once life is back on track I can purge all the bad emotions from the top of the hill on the other side.