Question about EMAIL LISTS

Thread: Question about EMAIL LISTS

Question Question about EMAIL LISTS

From time to time, I check the contacts on my email list for my author website and have noticed a handful of contacts with Russian email addresses (ending in .ru). I delete those b/c I assume they are bots and/or related to spam. (I don't have significant sales in Russia and don't directly advertise my books there).

Are there any other email addresses that I should be cutting from my contact list besides emails that end in .ru?
    Mikeyboy_esq
    Check out my books for authors including SMART MARKETING FOR INDIE AUTHORS and 14 STEPS TO SELF-PUBLISHING A BOOK.
    Hidden Content

Hm, I have to admit, it's not something I check. I get sales in Japan, Germany, Italy, etc so most are hard to see if they're bots or not. Although -- It'd be damn interesting to see .ru on mine, considering the political culling against the LGBTQ community over there and how mine is mm dark romance.

Thanks for the feedback. Yep, I also get some sales (not a lot) from Germany, Japan, Canada, etc. But not much at all from Russia. That is why I found it odd that about 10% of the emails signed up for my email list ended in .ru. Then I did a little research and found out that Russian domain names are fairly popular for spammers, bots, and hackers. If I had significant sales in Russia, I'd probably take a different approach. But since I don't have much to lose here, I decided to remove all of the .ru email addresses from my list. I probably need to start using Captcha when people sign up for my email list.
    Mikeyboy_esq
    Check out my books for authors including SMART MARKETING FOR INDIE AUTHORS and 14 STEPS TO SELF-PUBLISHING A BOOK.
    Hidden Content