Let's Write a Novel in August!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Let's Write a Novel in August!

Let's Write a Novel in August!

I am being very lazy and need a boost. Tomorrow begins a new month. Anyone want to join me in writing a novel?

One month, one (first draft) of a novel. Check in here daily. Like NaNoWriMo but in August. And without the word count requirement, because I'd be very pleased with half that requirement, say 25,000 words or even less (to be fleshed out in the second draft). And without the crazy name. :p

Who's in? Let's do it. You know you wanna!

Ok I'm down. A little over halfway into my current novel-in-progress, but 25000 should finish it out.
    "So long is the way to the unknown, long is the way we have come. . ." ~ Turisas, Five Hundred and One

"[An artist is] an idiot babbling through town. . .crying, 'Dreams, dreams for sale! Two for a kopek, two for a song; if you won't buy them, just take them for free!'" ~ Michael O' Brien,
    Sophia House

Christ is risen from the dead,
    trampling on Death by death,
    And on those in the tombs,
    lavishing light.

Dunno how much more on my WIP is needed. Keep running into spots where the characters want to stare at each other and not do shizznit. Maybe this could be a cattle prod to get 'em moving.
    "Ammonia will disinfect sin."
    --adrianhayter

"Art is life, just add bull****."
    --Chris Miller

8/2 @ 1:22 AM
    I've written... 4746 words... in the outline and notes file for the WIP...

and that ain't gonna count for nuthin'

Pinocchio itself is standing at 54,876
    --adrianhayter

--Chris Miller

I'm in. I've not written since December 2018 (had a fair few novels to get back out on the market, and this is kind of similar to ther writing sprint clubs I like to do). I can't start until Sunday, though (grandkids are around!). Be good to see how everyone else is doing.

Up to 5,052 on that fancy back matter and 55,262 on Pinocchio itself, so I haven't added much, but I've edited a bit and switched somethings around (and nixed quite a bit, which doesn't precisely up the word count). I can't seem to keep writing. I've written a huge number of words in posts concerning the book though, and while they don't count on the WIP word count, it's really helped me get my thoughts in order, see themes and metaphors within the work, and fed into me being able to write on it at all.

Weirdly enough, I'm crashing right now, so I might not get much else done tonight. I've had such a problem with insomnia this week--haven't been able to sleep even 4 hours most nights this week
    --adrianhayter

--Chris Miller

Naturally, now other things have come up that must be attended to. But that's okay, there's still plenty of time left in the month.

Quote Originally Posted by seigfried007 View Post
    Up to 5,052 on that fancy back matter and 55,262 on Pinocchio itself, so I haven't added much, but I've edited a bit and switched somethings around (and nixed quite a bit, which doesn't precisely up the word count). I can't seem to keep writing. I've written a huge number of words in posts concerning the book though, and while they don't count on the WIP word count, it's really helped me get my thoughts in order, see themes and metaphors within the work, and fed into me being able to write on it at all.

Weirdly enough, I'm crashing right now, so I might not get much else done tonight. I've had such a problem with insomnia this week--haven't been able to sleep even 4 hours most nights this week
    It gets you like that, the burnout. I usually just keep it down to a scene a day, which is between 2-4 k. Anymore and and it gets too much, too intense.

Quote Originally Posted by Ma'am View Post
    Naturally, now other things have come up that must be attended to. But that's okay, there's still plenty of time left in the month.
    Lol, ain't that the way!

Ma'am; I love your enthusiasm...but I wrote a book last month.

Actually I'm writing a new book this month...but it's a plotter, and I'll prolly still be working on this thing in March.
    It's one of those kinds of books.

Up to 56,350 on Pinocchio. Finally starting to pick up some steam. Last couple chapters have been super awkward, full of anxious characters who don't want to do nuttin'. Awkward dialogue and lack hereof is one of the hardest things to write, I think. If things are happening, it's much easier to write. I can plow right through action... but awkward's hard on everyone.
    --adrianhayter

--Chris Miller

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast