Your Next Character Starts Here :)

Thread: Your Next Character Starts Here :)

Your Next Character Starts Here :)

Not sure how helpful this would be, but its the sort of thing I find interesting so figured I would share.

https://thispersondoesnotexist.com/

^A simple site that provides a digitally constructed (and photo realistic) face of a person who does not exist - it is but AI. It's crazy how many of them look oddly familiar.

Anyway, I just thought this might be useful for anybody who has difficulty conjuring up a 'face' to their character on which to base description. To create a new one, just hit the refresh. Pretty sure it's near limitless.

Being that none of these people are real, there's no danger of anything libelous and some of the faces of these 'people' are quite intriguing don't you think?
    "If you don't like my peaches, don't shake my tree."

Blog Entries
    Madness - if it's for real. They should do more old people though. Some of the pictures seem to have a weird glitchy thing by the person's right ear (viewer's left)

Hidden Content Monthly Fiction Challenge

Beauty is nothing but the beginning of terror which we are barely able to endure, and are awed,
    because it serenely disdains to annihilate us.
    - Rainer Maria Rilke, "Elegy I"

Is this fire, or is this mask?
    It's the Mantasy!
    - Anonymous

C'mon everybody, don't need this crap.
    - Wham!

In your garden. Prefer lantana but star flowers and sea holly will do.
    Blog Entries
    That's a really fascinating site! For the adventurous, you can go onto their 'train AI' page.

(The cats are creepy.)

What I'd like to see is an application where I could put in the details of the characters I have imagined and bring them to life--at least in a 2D, posed, still-image sort-of way. It would help those of us lacking in drawing skills.
    "A ship in the harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for."
    ~ John A. Shedd

One of the images I saw only had 1/2 a pair of glasses!?
    “Fools” said I, “You do not know
    Silence like a cancer grows
    Hear my words that I might teach you
    Take my arms that I might reach you”
    But my words like silent raindrops fell
    And echoed in the wells of silence : Simon & Garfunkel

Those who enjoy stirring the chamber-pot should be required to lick the spoon.

Our job as writers is to make readers dream, to infiltrate their minds with our words and create a new reality; a reality not theirs, and not ours, but a new, unique combination of both.

Visit Amazon and the Kindle Store to check out Reflections in a Black Mirror, and Chase

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Terry D View Post
    One of the images I saw only had 1/2 a pair of glasses!?
    Maybe the person was one eyed.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyscars View Post
    Not sure how helpful this would be, but its the sort of thing I find interesting so figured I would share.

https://thispersondoesnotexist.com/

^A simple site that provides a digitally constructed (and photo realistic) face of a person who does not exist - it is but AI. It's crazy how many of them look oddly familiar.

Anyway, I just thought this might be useful for anybody who has difficulty conjuring up a 'face' to their character on which to base description. To create a new one, just hit the refresh. Pretty sure it's near limitless.

Being that none of these people are real, there's no danger of anything libelous and some of the faces of these 'people' are quite intriguing don't you think?
    Might be more helpful if I write more humans

Although, for us science fiction writers, those glitches and half-glasses are only food for thought. Neener neener.
    "Ammonia will disinfect sin."
    --adrianhayter

"Art is life, just add bull****."
    --Chris Miller

Quote Originally Posted by bdcharles View Post
    Madness - if it's for real. They should do more old people though. Some of the pictures seem to have a weird glitchy thing by the person's right ear (viewer's left)
    Wouldn’t be AI without a glitch!
    "If you don't like my peaches, don't shake my tree."