New Horror/Fantasy Writer

Thread: New Horror/Fantasy Writer

New Horror/Fantasy Writer

Hi to all!

I'm new to the board as a horror and fantasy fiction writer and an editor for Notch's Publishing House! I am currently looking through the boards and getting a feel for things here but am glad to have found this place.

Yes. that's much how i feel about my writing; sometimes it's horrendous and other times it's fantastic. Welcome. Enjoy.
    'Sharing an experience creates a reality.' Create a new reality today.
    'There has to be some give and take.' If I can take my time I'm willing to give it.
    'The most difficult criticism that a writer has to comprehend is silence.' So speak up.

Quote Originally Posted by Septunie View Post
    Hi to all!

I'm new to the board as a horror and fantasy fiction writer and an editor for Notch's Publishing House! I am currently looking through the boards and getting a feel for things here but am glad to have found this place.
    Welcome to WF! Glad to have you around.
    "Ammonia will disinfect sin."
    --adrianhayter

"Art is life, just add bull****."
    --Chris Miller

Hey Sep, I followed you on FB, and retweeted your newsletter.
    Welcome aboard!

You may find the discussion on Alpha vs Beta interesting since it centers around editors.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Rotten View Post
    Hey Sep, I followed you on FB, and retweeted your newsletter.
    Welcome aboard!

You may find the discussion on Alpha vs Beta interesting since it centers around editors.
    Wow, thank you! That's very kind.

Perhaps you can give me guidance on the rules for posting calls for submissions for contests? I know there's no personal advertising but I can't find specifically in the rules for that aspect or if an admin needs to review it first. Thanks for any info as I dive in here!

Quote Originally Posted by Septunie View Post
    Wow, thank you! That's very kind.

Perhaps you can give me guidance on the rules for posting calls for submissions for contests? I know there's no personal advertising but I can't find specifically in the rules for that aspect or if an admin needs to review it first. Thanks for any info as I dive in here!

This sounds like a job for Pip!
    The forum runs contests, and I believe they are looking for someone to revive the Purple Pip award.
    You may need to do some horse trading...

PS: Didja follow back?
    I follow followers, and retweet retweeters.

Hi there and welcome to WF!

How do you work with separating your horror from your fantasy work? Do you write both the same way and then let it fall into the niches of genre or do you set out with rapidly different strategies? Also, are you a "pantser" or a planner?

Congratulations on being an editor! That's my dream job for sure.

I hope you enjoy being here.

Quote Originally Posted by Bard_Daniel View Post
    Hi there and welcome to WF!

How do you work with separating your horror from your fantasy work? Do you write both the same way and then let it fall into the niches of genre or do you set out with rapidly different strategies? Also, are you a "pantser" or a planner?

Congratulations on being an editor! That's my dream job for sure.

I hope you enjoy being here.
    Thank you for the welcome!

Sometimes I combine the horror and fantasy and other times they're set out with different strategies. But personally, I only write for fun! I am not published nor am I looking to be. I support Notch in their horror and writing works and help with editing and marketing. It is not a full time job, but rather a bit of a hobby as well. My job that supports my existence (lol) is nothing glamorous and involves data and Excel work. But I would say I'm working up to the dream job too -- maybe it can be what I do permanently some day!