hello

Thread: hello

hello

Just joined yesterday. I am currently working on a fairy tale retelling and my brother and I are working on the second book in our fantasy sale.
    I live in Utah in the USA.
    I write because writing is something I enjoy doing.

I am my own worst critic, I often go from loving my work to hating it in the course of a day.

I write mostly science fiction and fantasy.

Hi Kitten, and welcome to WF.

I am my own worst critic, I often go from loving my work to hating it in the course of a day.
    I think we can all be guilty of this
    Check out our showcase
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    or check out my personal blog, Hidden Content

Also I can't wait until I can get a new keyboard. Using on-screen keyboard is way too slow.

Sent from my 9027W using Tapatalk

Sounds rather fun! Feel free to post a snippet of it in our SciFi and Fantasy sub-forum and we can give you some feedback.

HJC

I've never understood why we say "own worst critic" when maybe we are thinking "own best critic" but there we are and here you are now, so welcome.

So, as my own best critic, in my own best critic's opinion that is, when I wrote a science fiction fairy tale novel as the only significant piece of fiction that I've ever written I actually thought that it was brilliant, in fact so brilliant that I didn't think that I could ever write like that, so haven't really written anything much at all since. I'm still trying to work out who really wrote my novel. Perhaps it was some other me in a parallel reality. Maybe I've been living the wrong life all along then. Gosh, fiction is just so tricky. It's a good thing to have people to share it with, people who have been there too and understand.
    'Sharing an experience creates a reality.' Create a new reality today.
    'There has to be some give and take.' If I can take my time I'm willing to give it.
    'The most difficult criticism that a writer has to comprehend is silence.' So speak up.