An Update. - Page 4

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: An Update.

Blog Entries
    I hate my brain. Woke up at 4 this morning with an old idea resurfacing in my head. It won't leave me alone. Might as well write it down and see were it go's.
    This might not be my best work but that just means there's room to improve.

I don't have a big ego. You just can't comprehend my greatness!

Blog Entries
    Ok so, just had an idea on how the characters could potentially meet up with one another in as little as two to three chapters. So far I've got up to chapter ten of the revised outline done. It's looking good so far but I am definitely going to have to polish it up some.

Blog Entries
    Just a quick update. Have to revise the outline for a third time, but I'm back up to chapter 9 like last time & the story is on track for once instead of flying off the rails as I try shove in some filler chapters. So far everything is going great.

Blog Entries
    Well a huge update this time. Went from nine chapters done to me getting started on chapter Sixteen! Yes! Now that the creative juice is flowing there's no stopping until I'm finally finished! I can't wait!
    Last edited by Rojack79; October 20th, 2019 at 01:46 AM.

Blog Entries
    Currently on chapter 20. Ten more to go, maybe. It'll depend on if that many are necessary to finish this first book.

Blog Entries
    It's awesome that you're being so productive, Rojack! I'm glad the creative juices are flowing around here. I haven't hit any milestones as of late, but I'm revising a year old short story -- it's driving me nuts!

I hope you keep your momentum going, well done!

Blog Entries
    So got done with the outline only to realize that I completely ditched the theme of this novel about half way through and then completely went ham on the last half with it having no real structure, ryme or reason to it happening. So I've scrapped it and went back to the drawing board. Let me tell you it was the best decision I've ever made. Currently back on chapter five and have been able to A) establish the setting and characters for the story and B) have already put in motion the theme and plot of the overall adventure to follow. Things are looking great for now. This will be the final draft for the outline so I have to make sure I get it just right. I have to villains to introduce which will hopefully go off without a hitch but hey I've got the beginning done so it's all smooth sailing from here.

Blog Entries
    I am proud of you, Rojack. Killing your darlings is a difficult thing to do, but you've learned an important lesson: writing is rewriting.
    "How can we know the dancer from the dance?" - W.B. Yeats
    Stories: Hidden Content l Hidden Content Hidden Content

Projects:
    Hidden Content

Blog Entries
    Yup. And it's also just plain scrapping the idea sometimes completely and just starting over from scratch. Of course I won't be starting over completely from scratch, I'll just be telling a different story that I've previously worked on and just put on my back burner.

One of the many benefits of having an overactive imagination and years of research on my hands. This is yet another story that I've thought to death of writing but I was to afraid of it being a bit to controversial to write. Now i just want to start something and then finish it. I'm sick of lounging about & bouncing back & forth between story ideas.

This one is even more completely woven into my brain thanks to a fairly easy premise based around two questions, what would happen if all the old, ancient god's were real? Then what would happen if they were reincarnated and got into a fight with each other?

Blog Entries
    Well I'm on chapter 26 out of the 30 planned for this novel and I can't help but feel that some of my themes have been lost along the way. But I'll only need to go back and change some details do I'm not to worried. In fact my only worry so far is that I might have tried to shove in to many plots and not focused to much on the main conflict of the novel. Honestly I can't wait to get these last five chapters done so I can go back and look over the outline with a fine tooth comb.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast