An Update. - Page 3

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: An Update.

Have almost half of my first novel length piece rewritten. Ebook cover finished. Hoping to release in October, if I can figure out how to get timely ARCs. Novella by the end of the year.

Blog Entries
    So this update is somewhat troubling for me. With the concept and way that my story will play out my brain decided it would be a good idea to throw me a curveball and try to include two more protagonists based on earlier character concepts I had in mind. This would effectively make itso that I have a protagonist a dueteragonist & a tritagonist all in one book. I know it's been done before but it almost feels like my brain is trying to punish me for my creativity. Do I give in and see where it go's from here or do I force myself to steam forward with my preplaned outline?
    This might not be my best work but that just means there's room to improve.

I don't have a big ego. You just can't comprehend my greatness!

Quote Originally Posted by Rojack79 View Post
    So this update is somewhat troubling for me. With the concept and way that my story will play out my brain decided it would be a good idea to throw me a curveball and try to include two more protagonists based on earlier character concepts I had in mind. This would effectively make itso that I have a protagonist a dueteragonist & a tritagonist all in one book. I know it's been done before but it almost feels like my brain is trying to punish me for my creativity. Do I give in and see where it go's from here or do I force myself to steam forward with my preplaned outline?
    Do either. Do both. If one sucks, do it the other way.
    "Ammonia will disinfect sin."
    --adrianhayter

"Art is life, just add bull****."
    --Chris Miller

Blog Entries
    Well I had to rewrite all of my outline up till chapter 7 just to make the prologue and first chapter fir in more with the feel for the story that i want to have but so far so good!

Well I had to rewrite all of my outline up till chapter 7 just to make the prologue and first chapter fir in more with the feel for the story that i want to have but so far so good!
    I'm getting mindraped by my own book, if it's any comfort
    --adrianhayter

--Chris Miller

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by seigfried007 View Post
    I'm getting mindraped by my own book, if it's any comfort
    Comfort? no. But it is good to know that I'm not the only one having trouble with keeping the narrative going in the direction that i want it to go. Still I wish you the best of luck in your writing. I know just how hectic it can be to have an idea try and run away with you. Sometimes it succeeds and other time you have to beat it down into submission.

Comfort? no. But it is good to know that I'm not the only one having trouble with keeping the narrative going in the direction that i want it to go. Still I wish you the best of luck in your writing. I know just how hectic it can be to have an idea try and run away with you.

No, I'm talking about something much worse than "hey, these people are not cooperating" at this point. This book is bringing out all kinds of weird stuff in me IRL. I can't sleep. I can't breathe because my chest gets so tight. I'm always nauseous and hurt everywhere. I'm having to wrestle with my own dissociative tendencies--but instead of them getting better, they're getting much, much worse. It's like a boil though--it'll get worse before it gets better. I've got to lance this thing and finish it off. Maybe then it'll be laid to rest, and I can resume a vaguely normal-ish life.

I'm having to empathize with characters who are doing and feeling horrible things just to write them right. I'm having to wrestle with how much I have in common with all of these people--and how I can't seem to do anything to change these awful things about myself. Writing this thing is making me anxious, clingy when I'm not antisocial. I'm perpetually confused, helpless and doubting myself. I'm afraid of change--far more now than I was before I got back into the project. This level of mindscrew and character writing has a drastic effect on my personality.
    Last edited by seigfried007; August 28th, 2019 at 11:49 PM.
    --adrianhayter

--Chris Miller

Blog Entries
    Quick update, on chapter VIII so far for the revised outline. That is all.

Realized that there's yet another way to view Pinocchio's narrative today: That he's the critter presented at face value, but he's the one with multiple personalities because he's absorbing the psyches of people he's eaten. In which case, he and David might be separate people, and either or both might have DIDS/multiple personalities.

And I know it's going to end roughly where I thought it would from the beginning, but setting and motivation for Pinocchio killing David will be very different.
    --adrianhayter

--Chris Miller

Blog Entries
    Well. I'm done. Finally got the two biggest story ideas in my head down and outlined. Got to say that while the ancient mythology story is interesting I'm really finding myself drawn to the Holy Warrior out to destroy evil. I really want to show how a holy, God fearing character would react in a world filled magic & monsters. I know it'll be controversial but I really just don't care.

The story is to much fun for me at this point. So I'll go through that outline refine it, trim it up, cut a little here, add a little there and then finally I'll get to writing. Wish me luck guys. I'm about to go poke a very sleepy bear.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast