An Update. - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: An Update.

Have almost half of my first novel length piece rewritten. Ebook cover finished. Hoping to release in October, if I can figure out how to get timely ARCs. Novella by the end of the year.

Blog Entries
    So this update is somewhat troubling for me. With the concept and way that my story will play out my brain decided it would be a good idea to throw me a curveball and try to include two more protagonists based on earlier character concepts I had in mind. This would effectively make itso that I have a protagonist a dueteragonist & a tritagonist all in one book. I know it's been done before but it almost feels like my brain is trying to punish me for my creativity. Do I give in and see where it go's from here or do I force myself to steam forward with my preplaned outline?
    This might not be my best work but that just means there's room to improve.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojack79 View Post
    So this update is somewhat troubling for me. With the concept and way that my story will play out my brain decided it would be a good idea to throw me a curveball and try to include two more protagonists based on earlier character concepts I had in mind. This would effectively make itso that I have a protagonist a dueteragonist & a tritagonist all in one book. I know it's been done before but it almost feels like my brain is trying to punish me for my creativity. Do I give in and see where it go's from here or do I force myself to steam forward with my preplaned outline?
    Do either. Do both. If one sucks, do it the other way.
    "Ammonia will disinfect sin."
    --adrianhayter

"Art is life, just add bull****."
    --Chris Miller

Blog Entries
    Answer me this fellow writer's what sounds like a more compelling Protagonist,

1) A down on his luck normal human being that has no real reason to get involved with the greater scope of events in the world but get's dragged along anyway due to his inner voice not letting him abandon anyone thanks to his year's of being held as a slave.

2) A nephilim that go's around masquerading as a black knight to hide his demonic heritage and it constantly seeking redemption for being born the way that he is.

3) A charismatic holy warrior that believes himself to be a paragon of righteousness and virtue, while at the same time being an overbearing narchectist and self centered jerk.

Each of these characters has something that the other one doesn't that can impact the story in very big way's. My main concern is that if i try and shove them all in to one story that it will then become to cluttered. With these three plus the other protagonists running the show and then all of the secondary characters and villains that i plan on introducing I'm really starting to get a little overwhelmed. I guess i just need someone to bounce ideas off of. See what sticks and what doesn't.
    This might not be my best work but that just means there's room to improve.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123