On quantum canibalism - Page 2

Read our latest author interview on Flashes >>HERE<< .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: On quantum canibalism

suialicide, aliumsuicide would be 'other self killing', but it sounds like an onion that kills itself.
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

Interesting premise. I shoot my alternate "me" in the chest on the battlefield. He dies, and I, myself, end up with a grievous wound in my own chest, though not necessarily fatal, because otherwise, the story ends. LOL
    Her: I love my computer! All of my friends are in there!
    Me: Yeah, I was thinking the same thing about my freezer...
    Her: What?
    Me: What?

Quote Originally Posted by epimetheus View Post
    Depends on the parameters of the hypothetical. I assume it's based on the many worlds interpretation of quantum mechanics, which is speculative so we could make up many set-ups. In what set-up wouldn't you remember the event?

I think from an emotional perspective it would still be murder.
    Agreed. It would depend solely on the premise you want to use. Perhaps memories gained from events in the alternate world can't be transferred to your original world as some kind of temporal safety feature to keep things in order? So many different possibilities.

Yes! It really does depend on the parameters. Glad you caught that. What if there was a special otherworld police force created solely to help combat these "self killers" ala MIB? Hmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnesiac View Post
    Interesting premise. I shoot my alternate "me" in the chest on the battlefield. He dies, and I, myself, end up with a grievous wound in my own chest, though not necessarily fatal, because otherwise, the story ends. LOL
    the story really doesn't have to end if you add an afterlife.. lol.
    striding and swagering rootlessness with out end the precious flow of life.

Quote Originally Posted by kunox View Post
    I got one more thread in me tonight... I was wanting to float a hypothetical question... Let us say that you meet your counterpart self from another universe and you killed him... Would you be commiting murder, suicide or both... I need to have an idea of what to call it for a story of mine... It may not come up but I also thought it be a good discussion.
    It's Jet Li from The One!

"Ammonia will disinfect sin."
    --adrianhayter

"Art is life, just add bull****."
    --Chris Miller

It'd be murder--just like when identical twins kill each other. Identical twin = clone = you in another set of circumstances = you in an alternate reality, for all practical purposes.
    --adrianhayter

--Chris Miller

I keep being thrown by the thread title, quantum = desired or required amount, other than in physics, cannibalism has not received a mention since. Can there be a desirable amount of cannibalism? Or a required amount?
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

I called it what I did because the science of quantum physics.
    striding and swagering rootlessness with out end the precious flow of life.

I still don't get it, 'The very smallest amounts that cannibalism can be divided up into and still be recognisable'... ? And cannibalism as a form of energy... ?

Never mind, It has made for an interesting thread.
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Olly Buckle View Post
    I still don't get it, 'The very smallest amounts that cannibalism can be divided up into and still be recognisable'... ? And cannibalism as a form of energy... ?

Never mind, It has made for an interesting thread.
    This got my various groups of fictional cannibals in a nice discussion. They've determined, in their great wisdom, that the smallest amounts of cannibalism that can still be recognized, the quantum of cannibalism, is, in fact: "A very small bite."
    --adrianhayter

--Chris Miller

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12