How to MAXIMIZE YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA REACH!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to MAXIMIZE YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA REACH!

Lightbulb How to MAXIMIZE YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA REACH!

Here's an interesting article for anyone looking to maximize their social media reach to their readers/customers. In a nutshell, the article recommends posting only 2 to 5 times per week for LI and FB and as many times as you like on Twitter. It also concludes that the quality of the content you post is much more important than the particular days/times you post.

https://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/h...n-social-media
    Last edited by Mikeyboy_esq; June 25th, 2019 at 10:56 PM. Reason: fix spacing errors
    Mikeyboy_esq
    Check out my books for authors including SMART MARKETING FOR INDIE AUTHORS and 14 STEPS TO SELF-PUBLISHING A BOOK.
    Hidden Content

Or post cat pics. Lots of cat pics. There's a cat for every emotion, and a pic for every cat.

Hidden Content Monthly Fiction Challenge

The first cut don't hurt at all
    The second only makes you wonder
    The third will have you on your knee
    s
    - Propaganda, "Duel"

Is this fire, or is this mask?
    It's the Mantasy!
    - Anonymous

That is evil! But true....
    Quote Originally Posted by bdcharles View Post
    Or post cat pics. Lots of cat pics. There's a cat for every emotion, and a pic for every cat.

Part of me wishes that we didn't have to do this, and we could just write.
    my blog: Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeyboy_esq View Post
    Here's an interesting article for anyone looking to maximize their social media reach to their readers/customers. In a nutshell, the article recommends posting only 2 to 5 times per week for LI and FB and as many times as you like on Twitter. It also concludes that the quality of the content you post is much more important than the particular days/times you post.

https://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/h...n-social-media

Biggest problem with Twitter - how do you get followers?

And Linkedin - I've hardly seen any posts get attention. Out of 100 posts, there will be replies to only 2 or 3.

Facebook is still viable.

Quote Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
    Biggest problem with Twitter - how do you get followers?

And Linkedin - I've hardly seen any posts get attention. Out of 100 posts, there will be replies to only 2 or 3.

Facebook is still viable.
    TWITTER
    There are free apps that can help you gain Twitter followers. I used to use one (name escapes me now), but it stopped working after Twitter changes their rules. Anyway, After 2 years or so, I'm finally at 3,500 followers on Twitter and hit a roadblock. Twitter has a cap of how many people you can follow at 5k... if your own follower count is too far below 5k, then you can't follow more. So now I have to find more followers or delete some of mine if I want to follow more than 5k people on Twitter. Ugh. I need to research how to get around this cap.

LI
    I've had very good luck on LI, but my books are nonfiction and there are lots of LI users in my books' target audience (college professors and aspiring authors). Many (but not all) of my LI posts get around 500 to 1k views with 2 to 10 comments. I try to post helpful advice from my books or post something about my most recent author event, such as one of my author talks or when I volunteer to give a lecture on how to self-publish a book at a local library or college).

FB
    I've tried FB ads and consistently posting info on my FB author page...I don't seem to get many sales out of these activities, but I often hear other authors (especially fiction) who say that FB ads really work for their books).
    Mikeyboy_esq
    Check out my books for authors including SMART MARKETING FOR INDIE AUTHORS and 14 STEPS TO SELF-PUBLISHING A BOOK.
    Hidden Content

Has anyone had good results using Facebook ads to increase reach?
    I help people feel better and stronger through corrective exercise Hidden Content and Hidden Content . Please say hello!

I use FB ads whenever I launch a new (non-fiction) book, but can't tell if they really move the needle as far as sales. I've used them at other times, but they only seem to result in additional likes to my FB author page and no real impact on my book sales. Even though these ads don't seem very effective for my (nonfiction) books, I've heard from other authors (particular fiction book authors like Mark Dawson) who say they work excellent. So I think they are worth a try for most people just to see if you get good results... they are relatively cheap, so that is a good thing.
    Mikeyboy_esq
    Hidden Content

You have no way of tracking sales through FB ads? I am not a computer expert but I think there is a way to track traffic and sales by placing a cookie on your ad. That cookie should follow their actions and see if it leads to customers going to your website and buying books (or where ever your books are sold)?
    I help people feel better and stronger through corrective exercise Hidden Content and Hidden Content . Please say hello!

Quote Originally Posted by Kopely View Post
    You have no way of tracking sales through FB ads? I am not a computer expert but I think there is a way to track traffic and sales by placing a cookie on your ad. That cookie should follow their actions and see if it leads to customers going to your website and buying books (or where ever your books are sold)?
    Interesting idea. I could be wrong, but I doubt that FB allows its users to add a cookie to their ads. In any case, I know that I added something to my author website that allows me to trace where visitors come from (FB, twitter, google, organic search, etc.). But that would only be helpful if I posted my website in my FB ad (actually, I usually post my amazon link in those ads b/c that is where I sell most of my books).
    Mikeyboy_esq
    Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast