Hi Everyone!

Thread: Hi Everyone!

Hi Everyone!

So excited to be a part of this community! I'm new here, just a regular college student who writes in her spare time. Though I am thinking of publishing something one day. I came here because I love reading and writing stories and I want to improve my writing skills. They kind of suck right now. I mainly struggle with creativity and trying convey things with words without it sounding flat or exposition-y. So any help I can get would be greatly appreciated! I look forward to meeting new people here and learning from them.

Sure! What's your current project? Get some posts in and you will be able to post some stuff up for critique.

I remember when my short stories felt cheesy. I believe that came from day dreaming too much, it took me no where on paper. I fixed that by being more social,i listened to people reminiscing about their life and things they learned .I learned new things that weren't of my interest such as carpentry and auto tech . Ideas started flowing because I was empathizing more or learning from my errors. Lol. I hope this helps your creative block.

Sent from my 9024W using Tapatalk

Hi PleasantSink1 - so good to have you here. We are always excited about new writers and once you get your required posts in, we would love to look at some of your work. Welcome!
    When the night has come
    And the land is dark
    And the moon is the only light we'll see
    I won't be afraid, no I won't be afraid
    Just as long as you stand by me.

Welcome. What type of stories do you like writing? Do you have a favourite genre?

Welcome to this forum.

Welcome to the Forum! I am new here too, but have been writing since I was young (which was a very long time ago). I don't write prose but poetry, but writing is writing. Good move reaching out early and recognizing that seeking outside feedback and experienced knowledge is going to help get you to where you want to be. There is nothing more valuable than a fresh set of eyes on your work. Edit, edit, edit. Best wishes to you and I hope you find this site of value. I am impressed with it so far and anticipate that it will help me in my writing as well. The thing I do like is that it is easy to use and I'm not wasting a lot of time trying to figure out how to use it. The functions are truly intuitive. Good luck in all you do.

Quote Originally Posted by QinKin View Post
    I remember when my short stories felt cheesy. I believe that came from day dreaming too much, it took me no where on paper. I fixed that by being more social,i listened to people reminiscing about their life and things they learned .I learned new things that weren't of my interest such as carpentry and auto tech . Ideas started flowing because I was empathizing more or learning from my errors. Lol. I hope this helps your creative block.

Sent from my 9024W using Tapatalk
    I love this so much. When I began writing I pulled ideas from stories and memories that people had previously shared with me. It became a writing exercise that I really need to get back into the habit of doing. Talking to people in different areas of expertise really did assist my writings by providing me with "inside" information about that field but also to use those insights and memories in my writing exercises because they themselves are a challenge to accurately describe. I'm in no way an expert but it did help with breaking through writers block and assists in getting those creative juices flowing.