Paperbacks and custom dimensions

Thread: Paperbacks and custom dimensions

Paperbacks and custom dimensions

For this next book I am really wanting to go with a classic 4x6" paperback format.
    But that is a custom format with Amazon. I've never tried a custom format.
    Has anyone here?
    Any problems?**

**Yep, I know about not being able to use expanded distribution, but that's just a rip off any how. It jacks your book price up $5 and makes the cover price scream vanity press. So please, do not check that box for expanded distribution. It's a rip off!

No, sorry. I tend to stick with the usual 6 x 9.
    "You don't wanna ride the bus like this,"

Mike Posner.

I wish I was at this point yet. I'm still not sure about font, margins, nounnadat.
    "Ammonia will disinfect sin."
    --adrianhayter

"Art is life, just add bull****."
    --Chris Miller

Uggghhh.
    I just made a $25 mistake.
    I selected a 4x6 trim, then got the first proof and realized it was an inch too short.
    It looks like a pocket book.
    So I went back to fix it...and discovered that the book had gone live (I had erroneously been told that you could now pre-sale print books)
    Once you publish, you are stuck with the trim size. The book has now been registered (under that ISBN number) as a 4x6 trim size.

So the fix is to republish under a new ISBN.

The upside is that if the book takes off, I can always market a 'special edition' 4x6 pocket book.
    I've paid for the ISBN, after all.

The new book will be 4x7.