Who should send the party invitations?

Poll: Who should send the party invitations

Thread: Who should send the party invitations?

Who should send the party invitations?

So I'm working on a story where I am living with the composers. The closest one to me both in distance and relationship is Beethoven(he lives about 5 miles away from me in my story and is an old friend of mine). For the context under which I am asking this question, I will summarize my third chapter. Basically, it is about a concert where I play both original compositions of mine and pieces by other composers. One of those original compositions is a piano sonata in C minor that I kept as a surprise for Beethoven. Once I finished that sonata, he started crying in happiness because he loved it so much. And Beethoven was the composer who came up with the idea of throwing a composer party for me because I was clearly at their level in both performance and composition. So now here is the question. Who should send out the party invitations? I can think of a few people and the reasons why and why not.

Beethoven

Pros

Beethoven came up with the idea

He knows his way around town like the back of his hand

He knows all the composers that will be invited

He is my closest composer friend

Cons

He easily gets stressed out, especially in the middle of composing

When stressed, he often rips things up, especially letters

When he conducts, he often goes into his own little world. Same for composing.

Mozart

Pros

He knows everyone who is invited

He has a lot of friends

Cons

He already is making a cake for me. And he is getting help from his cake decorating friend. He doesn't need things to be more hectic.

Bach

Pros

Like Beethoven, he knows his way around town extremely well

Like Mozart, he has a lot of friends

He has mostly retired from composing

He knows everyone who is invited

Cons

He has 20 children to take care of. How he even leaves home to go to concerts is not known

Myself

Pros

I know everyone who is invited

I'm not currently working on any massive composition projects

I don't rip up letters, unlike Beethoven who gets very bipolar at times

Cons

The party is for me. What good is it if I'm the one who is sending the invitations?

Some of the composers that are invited I barely know

I'm relatively new, so I don't know the town like the back of my hand

Who do you think should send the invitations?

Yo caters, you want a party you go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by bazz cargo View Post
    Yo caters, you want a party you go for it.
    So you're saying that I should be the one sending invitations in my story? But it was Beethoven's idea after I proved to him and all the other composers at the concert that I am as great as they are. But on the other hand it does avoid the sudden anger so typical of Beethoven. But then again, the personality of Beethoven would make the story more interesting if he was the invitation sender.

You see why I'm having so much trouble deciding on who should send the invitations? All 4 of them including myself have both pros and cons and while some clearly outweigh others(such as Mozart working on the cake outweighing his abundance of friends), there are some, such as Beethoven's bipolar personality, that make it harder to decide.

Until you have a valid reason for someone else to make the effort of organising I would consider your own actions to be paramount. Most talk a good talk but few will make the walk.

Doesn't Chopin come into this discussion? He is a great one for acquiring young lady students, so he could no doubt invite a clutch of them to make it a more enjoyable event. I know this because one of his students, the Baroness D'Este used to live just down the road from where I do. That was when she was a young girl though before she went to Paris and married the Baron D'Este. It was in Paris that she became Chopin's student, as many young ladies there did. He dedicated his controversial Fantaisie-Impromptu to her and her personal music album containing its original version is now in the Chopin museum in Warsaw. I am probably the world authority on the early life of the Baroness in London and Kent before she moved to Paris. Indeed I believe I found out the dark secret about her birth and an explanation for her son's name.

Whatever we dream up in our imaginations, reality can often surpass it. Enjoy the party. If the Baroness comes and is anything like her mother then ... Her mother managed to be the reason for one of the most notorious scandals in Victorian history, but that's another story. Then there's another scandal that revolved around a piano that was transported from Kent to Devon ... Funny that, how pianos keep on cropping up, but all the ladies played them back then.
    'Sharing an experience creates a reality.' Create a new reality today.
    'There has to be some give and take.' If I can take my time I'm willing to give it.
    'The most difficult criticism that a writer has to comprehend is silence.' So speak up.

The person with the biggest name would be the header on the invitations.
    If Beethoven was the HMFIC on the block, then he'd do it.
    In many cases the invites were sent out by the rich philanthropists who supported the artists.
    After all, the rich people were essentially renting the musicians via patronage. So if there was a new boy-band in town, they'd wanna be the ones to invite their rich, snobbish friends.

That last line should give you some great ideas for characters.
    Rich
    Fat
    Decadent
    Elites
    Silver spoons in every anus.

Keep in mind that the artists often had very little money, and survived on the patronage of the rich.
    To throw an event requires a venue. Those are not free unless you use someone's house.
    They would require valets and staff and chairs and stuff that costs money.
    Invitations cost money. This was 300BK (300 years Before Kinkos).
    So if at all possible they'd find a rich benefactor.