My Poem Accepted at Gargoyle

Thread: My Poem Accepted at Gargoyle

My Poem Accepted at Gargoyle

I'm pleased to announce that Gargoyle magazine has accepted my poem. It will appear in the Summer 2020 issue. I've long been an admirer of the publication but never quite had the nerve to send something. A friend thought my work would fit so I decided to ignore my opinion and trust hers instead. I'm so glad I did. I'm delighted to have made the cut.

Pamelyn,

I am so happy for you, congratulations!

Funny, isn't it, once in a while we meet again. Now here at writing forum. You were one of the first people ever commenting on my (still so insecure) path of writing poetry.
    I want you to know that it helped me a lot to gain self assurance. I didn't stop writing after those first attempts, and even had quite a lot of my poems published.
    Did I ever thank you for believing in me? I do so now!

It's always great to run into you again, Marjon. I'm so glad to know I helped influence your poetry journey. That means a lot to me. I think we've been good for each other in several ways over the years and will likely be good for each other in the coming years. I also think sometimes that self assurance is over-rated. I'd rather remain insecure about my poetry because my insecurity does keep me writing and revising and exploring and trying harder. In other words, a little goes a long way. I think it's good to be just secure enough to write but not so comfortable and self-assured that we forget there's always plenty more to learn. We're clearly on the path together so we'll continue to make the most of it. It's always good meeting up with you again!

I am a (returned) member of Met 3. Great mentors there too! And I agree, there is still so much to learn. See you around!

Congratulations!! Way to go!