the dazzling moment of death into life –
    fall back into understanding

continuity is the mind’s way
    of putting all the unconnected gaps
    together;

the whole
    is space
    with landing points in between.

Such a set of imagery moving forward to its conclusion that makes one think and consider. I think you might tweak S2 a little bit to make the language more descriptive, but that is all that I see.

Dannyboy,

In the last two stanzas I think we can take one step further:
    Look closely at the gaps, they connect and distinguish. Only...they are more difficult to find.

I like the poem, something to think about. In your sixth S, I'd rather write :"the dazzling moment of separating lives" I hope there is no death involved here.

Hi Marjon,

death of the embryo which must happen for the baby to live

also death as real for the baby for life also to be real.

The gaps is an attempt to highlight that all moments are connected only afterwards, and all moments can be the last moment - that "shocking" truth if often associated with trauma (in some theories) because it shatters the absolute belief in continuity. Thank you for stopping by to read and comment.

Thanks for explaining. That makes sense, I never thought of the role of gaps this way. Years ago I wrote a little poem about gaps and its importance. See if I can dig it up again.
    I appreciate your answer very much.

Dannyboy - Ironic that the cord brings life but must be cut to start the living. Now there's a gap for ya! Thanks for sharing. Namyh