What Are You Doing? - Page 9

Page 9 of 47 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161719 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Doing?

Sorry...... LOL

Quote Originally Posted by seigfried007 View Post
    Aww, so much sympathy for you. Hopefully, you'll be able to find some of it here or threads pertaining to it. I've recently lost every novel I wrote prior to 2009, so I feel ya.
    Wow I'm sorry to hear that. I just lost a short story, about a quarter of it is posted here. It's the first story I have written though so it was a very slow 3k words haha. Can't imagine losing whole novels.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnesiac View Post
    Right now? On hold with the Veteran's Administration. Well, and stabbing myself in the crotch repeatedly with an ice-pick in frustration. Other than that, I'm a fucking Zen master.
    I worked at the VA for three weeks after my enlistment was up. I couldn't take anymore. I was a patient once last year and it was the worst experience I have ever had in a medical facility.

Sorry to hear it, Omni. I've had pretty good luck with the little outpatient clinic we have here, but getting through labyrinthine phone menu is ridiculous. The VA: If you don't have PTSD when you start dealing with them, you're guaranteed to have it by the time you're done. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Omnitech View Post
    Wow I'm sorry to hear that. I just lost a short story, about a quarter of it is posted here. It's the first story I have written though so it was a very slow 3k words haha. Can't imagine losing whole novels.
    Yup, six novels written over ten years. Three were a sci-fi series. Won't redo the first three, but will have to rewrite the series because it was awesome. I don't sweat about losing the early short stories and poems. Those have been gone forever now.

It'll be better next time you do it.

"Ammonia will disinfect sin."
    --adrianhayter

"Art is life, just add bull****."
    --Chris Miller

What I'm doing now is wondering why I even bother plotting out ahead of these cantankerous characters. They always manage to mess up all my plans.

Authorial masochism strikes again. Oi vey.
    Last edited by seigfried007; August 21st, 2019 at 01:38 PM.
    --adrianhayter

--Chris Miller

Well, I'm wishing I hadn't taken Excedrin on an empty stomach.
    --adrianhayter

--Chris Miller

Blog Entries
    Trying to get over a near miss sub on a full. She said the first chapter was the only culprit. Cut it down and get to the action. Loved everything else. Can't figure if that is a R & R or not. She didn't outright say it. I'm working on the chapter now and gonna do a fast edit on the whole thing. I guess I'll send it back but won't say that it was requested, only that I followed some advice.
    Blog: Guerilla Warfare For Writers:Hidden Content

Amazon Page: Hidden Content
    Christy's Young Adult Fabuliers: Hidden Content

Achieving nirvana. You see, I've spent half the day already on the shitter, and I'm just so happy to have a good book and Bluetooth headphones that get signal in the bathroom. I've found happiness in turmoil and anguish.
    --adrianhayter

--Chris Miller

Just got back from the VA. All in all, a fairly good and productive visit. (Surprisingly!)