What Are You Doing? - Page 6

Page 6 of 44 FirstFirst 123456789101112131416 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Doing?

"What are you doing?"

"Hell, I don't know!"

"OMG!! YOU'RE the SURGEON!!!"
    “We are all apprentices in a craft where no one ever becomes a master.” -Hemingway

I'm petting a kitten as she nurses a blanket. She's going to be upset when I have to leave her for work 😭

Finally got the characters to do something after they've been laying around, staring at each other for five-and-a-half years straight. Now, I'm just trying to manipulate them into continued motion. Could almost think these bozos just want to nag my brain forever and never have their story finished. With them, anything's possible.

Stupid caffeine kinda showed up to do its thing... and seems to already be deserting me because it'd rather make me sick to my stomach and give me the jitters instead of, oh, I don't know, helping me be productive.
    "Ammonia will disinfect sin."
    --adrianhayter

"Art is life, just add bull****."
    --Chris Miller

Just joined this forum and finishing up on a video I made called Klaw's Girls. (Irving Klaw)

Having a cup o' tea, and reading Raptor Red, after having a fine spaghetti, broccoli, and chicken dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by Bard_Daniel View Post
    Having a cup o' tea, and reading Raptor Red, after having a fine spaghetti, broccoli, and chicken dinner.
    Love and have that book! (you know, by this guy named Bakker? And HE definitely didn't think they turned into birds!)

I'm trying to figure out what the hack is going on in WIP Pinocchio right now. Husband hates this project, but I tried discussing it with him anyway, and he doesn't think I'm handling a major plot point well... but whether I've explained something well enough or there's a legitimate gripe... hard to tell sometimes. Crazy story, but I don't want someone calling characters and/or government agencies stupid, either. Blargh.
    --adrianhayter

--Chris Miller

Quote Originally Posted by seigfried007 View Post
    Love and have that book! (you know, by this guy named Bakker? And HE definitely didn't think they turned into birds!)

I'm trying to figure out what the hack is going on in WIP Pinocchio right now. Husband hates this project, but I tried discussing it with him anyway, and he doesn't think I'm handling a major plot point well... but whether I've explained something well enough or there's a legitimate gripe... hard to tell sometimes. Crazy story, but I don't want someone calling characters and/or government agencies stupid, either. Blargh.
    Good luck with it, Sig.
    “We are all apprentices in a craft where no one ever becomes a master.” -Hemingway

In your garden. Prefer lantana but star flowers and sea holly will do.
    Blog Entries
    ...Wondering what new posts I've missed that I can add to before 1:00 a.m. rolls around... (insomniac over here--have to call it quits sometime & try to get to sleep)
    "A ship in the harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for."
    ~ John A. Shedd

Quote Originally Posted by Amnesiac View Post
    Good luck with it, Sig.
    Thanks. Looks like I'm stuck muddling though on my own though. Made a thread full of relatively easy questions, and nobody's weighed in on the questions after a few days now... so I'm doomed to have people come out of the woodwork and complain about how I handled it 50 pages or so from now (if I'm lucky enough to get a reader in the first place) when I can't go back and wave a magic wand to make it all better. Murphy's Law.

I mean, how hard could it possibly be to answer "At what point does the government of a superpower take a 'scrawny gay alien stripper' seriously as a potential threat to national security?" Surely everyone thinks about stuff like this all the time, amiright?

So, yup, that's what I'm doing still. Plotting, outlining, trying to figure where I'm going with this pile 'o' prose. went back to the original Pinocchio tale for some pointers as to what directions I might go to bring some themes together, but came up with 1) Holy cow, I accidentally made this fit better than I'd even intended, and 2) Yeah, but I'm already doing that.
    --adrianhayter

--Chris Miller

I have the same problem. I have a few friends on whom I can depend for critique and offer opinions. All but two have pretty much gone silent. It's unnerving!