What Are You Doing? - Page 45

Page 45 of 78 FirstFirst ... 35373839404142434445464748495051525355 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Doing?

Today I am remembering someone I began my adult life with. I married just one month after my 18th birthday to a man I bore four children with. All through my twenties, I was either pregnant or caring for an infant, so my memory of current events during that time are non-existent. The father of my children and I have not been married for many, many years and yet last week, at this very hour of the morning, when I heard he had died, I was heartbroken. All of our children were in attendance, even though their dad lived several states away from them. My youngest daughter sent out pictures of her dad and the rest of the gang, and seeing him as he was, a loving father, I could not help but cry. His passing was a painful one and for a brief moment he became what we all fear - looking like someone completely unfamiliar to those who knew him; smaller, weaker, no voice. But he knew all of his kids were there at that moment. The night before his death, as I fell asleep, I spoke to him from my heart, saying everything I would say as if I were able to stand by his bed in his final moments. In our life together, he miss-stepped and it cost him dearly. But at that moment in my near-dream, all sins were forgiven, all hurt was safely tucked away in the past.
    When the night has come
    And the land is dark
    And the moon is the only light we'll see
    I won't be afraid, no I won't be afraid
    Just as long as you stand by me.

I'm watching the trees across the street and in the side yard blow in the cold wind. It looks nasty out there this morning. I don't like wind.

Feeling victorious that I finally got a flash fiction done before the deadline arrives! Now to trim and tighten it down to get under the word count. But first a dumb meeting that I don't want to drive to. I really want to just write and edit today.

Quote Originally Posted by SueC View Post
    Today I am remembering someone I began my adult life with. I married just one month after my 18th birthday to a man I bore four children with. All through my twenties, I was either pregnant or caring for an infant, so my memory of current events during that time are non-existent. The father of my children and I have not been married for many, many years and yet last week, at this very hour of the morning, when I heard he had died, I was heartbroken. All of our children were in attendance, even though their dad lived several states away from them. My youngest daughter sent out pictures of her dad and the rest of the gang, and seeing him as he was, a loving father, I could not help but cry. His passing was a painful one and for a brief moment he became what we all fear - looking like someone completely unfamiliar to those who knew him; smaller, weaker, no voice. But he knew all of his kids were there at that moment. The night before his death, as I fell asleep, I spoke to him from my heart, saying everything I would say as if I were able to stand by his bed in his final moments. In our life together, he miss-stepped and it cost him dearly. But at that moment in my near-dream, all sins were forgiven, all hurt was safely tucked away in the past.
    (((HUGGGGGGGGGGG)))
    Sometimes, I wrestle with my demons. Other times, we just snuggle.

Quote Originally Posted by SueC View Post
    Hugs. Great big hugs. From one wife/mother to another.

Trying to order the latest version of dragon speaking software. Then getting the microphone as a present this month or on my birthday. My brother is trying to order it for me. That way I can rewrite a story and paraphrase a paragraph as an exercise by not looking at the computer screen or by closing my eyes. I am going to use one of those microphones that are headsets. I am optimistic since the one I am ordering has 100% accuracy. Those are my plans. Also, I am going to master punctuation as a goal. Found this book for that purpose:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K5WC3XA...v_ov_lig_dp_it

This explains hopefully how to write longer sentences with punctuation. I did a lot of research. This is better than the other grammar guides I have found. According to my brother I write too many short sentences one next to each other. Writer's that have the ability to write long sentences have a better style imo. Still working on this. Planning on buying the book today.
    I would follow as in believe in the words of good moral leaders. Rather than the beliefs of oneself.
    The most difficult thing for a writer to comprehend is to experience silence, so speak up. (quoted from a member)

Quote Originally Posted by River Rose View Post
    Hugs. Great big hugs. From one wife/mother to another.
    Hugs back to you, Rose What a sweet thing to say.
    When the night has come
    And the land is dark
    And the moon is the only light we'll see
    I won't be afraid, no I won't be afraid
    Just as long as you stand by me.

I am about 800 words into a new story, based on a dream I had several years ago. Preliminary working title: "Killing Bigfoot"

(It's not as brutal as it sounds.)
    Sometimes, I wrestle with my demons. Other times, we just snuggle.

Blog Entries
    Got fired from my latest job and wondering just what I'm going to do now. Trying to look on the bright side, getting a new puppy today, so... there's that.
    This might not be my best work but that just means there's room to improve.

I don't have a big ego. You just can't comprehend my greatness!

Quote Originally Posted by Rojack79 View Post
    Got fired from my latest job and wondering just what I'm going to do now. Trying to look on the bright side, getting a new puppy today, so... there's that.
    Yikes, sorry to hear about your job!

I'm hiding in my pjs after a day of work and running around in a snowy, blowy day.