What Are You Doing? - Page 36

Page 36 of 49 FirstFirst ... 26282930313233343536373839404142434446 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Doing?

Been for my regular blood test, thinking about going to Hastings. We are making marmalade and need some muslin to strain pith and pips, but it's a dismal, cold, grey, misty morning that doesn't encourage me to do anything much but sit and drink tea and coffee.
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

Blog Entries
    Missed a big publisher by a hair and wondering if I have the courage to invest in the rewrites they suggest, which aren't bad, but very involved.
    Blog: Guerilla Warfare For Writers:Hidden Content

Amazon Page: Hidden Content
    Christy's Young Adult Fabuliers: Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Stevenson View Post
    Missed a big publisher by a hair and wondering if I have the courage to invest in the rewrites they suggest, which aren't bad, but very involved.
    Yes. Do it. You're welcome!

Blog Entries
    I've slept most of the day after getting started on Flomax for my enlarged prostate. One of the side effects is drowsiness, which isn't that bad since I'm a big fan of sleeping; it's become my favorite activity. Another side effect seems to be bizarre, vivid dreams, which adds an entertaining element to my sleep, which is fine except for all the sweat that accompanies it, after which, I need to put a towel down before I go back to sleep.

For email updates on my prostate, contact me at [email protected]. Please be patient, since there has been overwhelming interest in the status of my prostate. My newsletter should be out soon. (just kidding)

Just got a shingles vaccine and didn't listen when the nurse said to rub my upper arm at the injection site. Now my arm hurts like a mofo, especially since I'm trying to cook dinner. Wish I'd listened.

I am trying to avoid looking at the elephant in the room... my treadmill.... I know I should... I was doing so good, pounding out 2 miles every day... then I was derailed by all the Christmas festivities and now my treadmill is making me feel very guilty... maybe moving it to the office would alleviate this guilt...
    She lost herself in the trees,
    among the ever-changing leaves.
    She wept beneath the wild sky
    as stars told stories of ancient times.
    The flowers grew toward her light,
    the river called her name at night.
    She could not live an ordinary life,
    with the mysteries of the universe
    hidden in her eyes....
    Author: Christy Ann Martine

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal,
    love leaves a memory no one can steal....
    Author unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by Firemajic View Post
    I am trying to avoid looking at the elephant in the room... my treadmill.... I know I should... I was doing so good, pounding out 2 miles every day... then I was derailed by all the Christmas festivities and now my treadmill is making me feel very guilty... maybe moving it to the office would alleviate this guilt...
    I took my treadmill to the end of the driveway and left it there until someone came by and took it. I hated the noise of it and the feeling like I was running on a hamster wheel. I prefer to just run in place while I watch TV (with hand weights) and run through the house on the commercials.

Watching "The Big Heat" starring Humphrey Bogart and Lauren Bacall - The dialogue is superb, a perfect illustration of the scriptwriters art.
    A man in possession of a wooden spoon must be in want of a pot to stir.

Quote Originally Posted by Ma'am View Post
    I took my treadmill to the end of the driveway and left it there until someone came by and took it. I hated the noise of it and the feeling like I was running on a hamster wheel. I prefer to just run in place while I watch TV (with hand weights) and run through the house on the commercials.
    The only time I run through the house is when I am heading for the kitchen

I did the Keto diet for awhile and lost 25 pounds, went off it and gained 30... now, I am just restricting my calorie intake to 1000 calories a day, and watching my carbs... that way, I don't have to work out as much... in the summer, I am active so there isn't a problem, but during the winter... wow... those Doritos are catching up with me ....
    She lost herself in the trees,
    among the ever-changing leaves.
    She wept beneath the wild sky
    as stars told stories of ancient times.
    The flowers grew toward her light,
    the river called her name at night.
    She could not live an ordinary life,
    with the mysteries of the universe
    hidden in her eyes....
    Author: Christy Ann Martine

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal,
    love leaves a memory no one can steal....
    Author unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by Firemajic View Post
    The only time I run through the house is when I am heading for the kitchen

I did the Keto diet for awhile and lost 25 pounds, went off it and gained 30... now, I am just restricting my calorie intake to 1000 calories a day, and watching my carbs... that way, I don't have to work out as much... in the summer, I am active so there isn't a problem, but during the winter... wow... those Doritos are catching up with me ....
    It is a constant PITA. My thing is Cheetos. :p