What Are You Doing? - Page 35

Page 35 of 49 FirstFirst ... 25272829303132333435363738394041424345 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Doing?

Please be quiet, everyone. I'm trying to take a nap.

I just sent you my flash fiction contest entry, though! In fact, that's what I was just doing--finishing it up!

(and instantly found two mistakes! Crap!)

I am working on a project of making every recipe in a plant-based cookbook and tired of constantly trying to hunt down unusual ingredients. In spirit of trying to broaden my horizons rather than just guess at a more common substitute, I'm going through the book and ordering all of the non-perishables on Amazon that are available with free shipping. So far my cart has 2 dozen items. Red miso paste or food grade lavender flowers, anyone? :/
    Last edited by Ma'am; January 20th, 2020 at 02:37 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ma'am View Post
    I am working on a project of making every recipe in a plant-based cookbook and tired of constantly trying to hunt down unusual ingredients. In spirit of trying to broaden my horizons rather than just guess at a more common substitute, I'm going through the book and ordering all of the non-perishables on Amazon that are available with free shipping. So far my cart has 2 dozen items. Red miso paste or food grade lavender flowers, anyone? :/
    Whoa. Okay, I feel this because I have a couple Joel Fuhrman cookbooks (Eat to Live and Eat to Live Quick and Easy) which are plant-based as well and I had to find things like herbes de provence which were not in my spice rack. It's true that plant-based food can take some extra wallop in the flavor department. Joel also wanted me to buy some of his products (not many) which were mainly salt-free seasonings and flavored vinegars...but I never did. However! I generally substitute things...like if it's supposed to go in a lemony direction, get a lemon and zest and black pepper. If it's his tomato based flavor I take a couple small tomatoes (or whatever size seems appropriate) and use the Gordon Ramsay method of rubbing the tomato over a fine grater to strip the flesh and juice out of the skin. Works quite well. Also, jalapenos are your friend, seriously. And nutritional yeast...since my husband can't have MSG I use that for the umami flavor.

This makes it sound like I cook veggie a lot. I don't but I have achieved a few veggie dishes that everyone likes and I use turkey a lot. Seasoning and flavoring is definitely an art I'm working on learning.

I am eating a leftover sweet potato, trying to write a flash story and enjoying a big fight on another forum that I'm not involved in. (1) It's not my fault if it's hilarious. (2) Sweet potatoes don't need anything on them.

Blog Entries
    A producer/director suggested I put together a pitch deck for a book to movie deal. Now I'm researching exactly what that means and how to go about it. The film industry is just plain nuts and filled with super guidelines mixed with landmines. Even my agent didn't remember exactly what the format was for a pitch deck. When I finally saw the explanation, it reminded me of an intense business plan, and even yet, it was still minus the all important working movie script. Guh.
    Blog: Guerilla Warfare For Writers:Hidden Content

Amazon Page: Hidden Content
    Christy's Young Adult Fabuliers: Hidden Content

Blog Entries
    Working on the last five chapters of a 30 chapter outline and praying that I've gotten I've wanted to capture in my first novel without overloading it.
    This might not be my best work but that just means there's room to improve.

I don't have a big ego. You just can't comprehend my greatness!

Rocking in my rocking chair sipping my morning coffee. Listening to the poetic sound of children’s quarrels and spats in the background while getting ready to head out the door to school.
    I refuse to let their crankiness interrupt my zen like state that the bitter sweetness of my coffee brings to me.

I am sitting quietly after a day of running around getting two vehicles fixed, including having one towed from an entirely different city AND getting it fixed. I'm tired, greasy, and my wallet is quite a bit lighter. In the Jeep, it needed a distributor cap, spark plugs, and an upper radiator hose. The mustang needed two new shocks and the brake lines bled.